• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking at a 68 sport satellite

They didn't drill holes but I still haven't seen what type of grill I need... Thanks

plymouth-sport-satellite.jpg

What is a good price for a driver quality paint job? Take windows out paint engine compartment etc.

No body work, just prep and spray starts at 2 grand depending on paint choice and process. Its really difficult to find a great paint job below 5 grand nowadays.

I was thinking between 5-10k so I hope I'm in the ball park....

Yes the GTX grill is the same as a sport satellite just change the emblem basically. I wish i would have caught this thread when it was new and i would have offered a 69 sport satellite for sale that isnt a pieced together car with a paint job hiding old body work....

Have you made a decision about the front brakes?

Not yet everybody says if go with larger rims 17 I need disc brakes??

Might be for sale if someone inquired about it.

Was quoted on phone on doing a frame off paint job est 15k at shop labor rate of $55hr is this the going rate???

The $55/hr sounds reasonable. Most car dealerships are $120/hr here in Tucson whether body, or mechanical work. A fellow at my church just got his 1978 corvette pace car painted. He did all the body prep himself and basically had a shop spray, wet sand, clear coat, and cut buff. Price was $6, 000. He applied tape stripes and decals himself and reinstalled trim.

Was quoted on phone on doing a frame off paint job est 15k at shop labor rate of $55hr is this the going rate???

Any shop that quotes a "frame off" paint job on a Mopar would not be getting my money.

Auto Transport Service
Back