• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Looking for a 1987 W150 DT factory radio mount bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbiggs

Local time
4:14 PM
Reaction score
I know this may a long shot, but I'm hoping someone has the rear radio support bracket in thier stash of used parts. Normally the radio support brackets are fairly simple straight pieces with bent ends at the attachment points, fairly easy to fabricate. But no..... not on my 87 W150. I was fortunate to find an original correct radio to replace the PO’s “foreign upgrade stereo”, but alas no rear mount included with the radio.

Please take a look at the picture taken from my parts book. The mount is C-shaped to fit around something in the dash. Not so easy to duplicate.

87 DT radio mount bracket.jpg

Here's what I have learned. The bracket is the same for all factory radios from the basic AM to cassette model and is part number 4216891 (no longer available from Chrysler naturally) My parts book cover years 1984-87 and originally I thought the same bracket might be for 1988-92 Dodge W and D models trucks and Ramchargers. But 1988-92 used a different part number (4359156) bracket and may not work. Cars and Dakotas using the same radio use different mounts.

So, as is so often the case, when owners upgrade to newer radios they usually don't/can't use the rear mount bracket and install a tray type mount.

If somebody has this bracket and would be interested in selling it, I would greatly appreciate the chance to buy one.

I have posted this listing on the truck site, but no joy finding the bracket, so here’s hoping a FBBO member has one.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back