• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for my 1964 Dodge Polara 500

wilmacmike

Local time
6:39 PM
Reaction score
I am hoping to see if anyone may know where my Polara ended up.
But first a ltitle history.

Unfortunately between 1992 and 1998 my first wife and I were going through a divorce.

I found out she was not making the house payments and the mortgage company was foreclosing on the house. So I panicked and the only thing I had worth selling was my Polara.

I made a deal with my sister and brother in law to sell it to them as a secure loan and I would buy it back when I could. Big mistake.....He more than tripled the amount he had bought it for from me. I could never afford to buy it back.

So sometime maybe around 1996-97 he sold it. I had heard from my dad he traded it for some computer stuff from a guy in Reno.

Now to the car. 1964 Polara 500 with a stock 426 wedge, chrome air cleaner and valve covers. Automatic with the console shift. It was a maroon color with a black vinyl top.
The front bucket seats were not stock, someone had put in some hi-backs.

The paint was bad, the vinyl top was coming apart. The car needed work. The motor was getting tired (smoked badly).

The last time my dad had seen it, it was parked in the front yard of my sisters on Cathy lane in Minden, NV with a for sale sign on it.

I only have the California license plate number to indentify it by as I cannot find any paperwork for the car since the divorce.

The CA license plate was "426OMPH" which was my custom plate for the car.
I have no idea if my brother in law sold or traded the car with the plates, but he did have at least a registration for it which would call out the vin and license number.

So maybe someone on this forum may have seen it and or picked it up.

Thanks, God Bless America

Mike

Last edited:
I live in that area and don't remember seeing it. I'm always on the look out for the 64 Dodges. Good luck.

I live in that area and don't remember seeing it. I'm always on the look out for the 64 Dodges. Good luck.
Thanks Kelly.

I was hoping you would chime in, as I knew you were in the area. I was actually really hoping you were they guy that bought it. Oh well. Keep your eyes a lookin...thanks,

Mike
God Bless America

No I did see a 64 but it was black I think. Had a 426 4 speed and buckets in it.

thats been years ago and it was around here.

thats been years ago and it was around here.

You don't see too many of them, but like you, I am looking for them constantly. If you happen to see any more around these parts please P.M. me. I would like to check them out if possible.

Thanks,
Mike
God Bless America

Auto Transport Service
Back