• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost 1974 Road Runner - Big Long Shot

We have figured out a few more things about the car, well mainly just getting more info from my parents. No luck with a VIN yet but I have many craigslist ads running in WA and OR as well as facebook shares etc. I have set up a quick website at www.Lost1974RoadRunner.com which will have the latest info and pictures and hopefully a VIN soon. I have also started working on a new registry website. Hopefully I can help out other people as well so the website will have info and VIN's/info on all 1968-74 RoadRunners that people send me. I will create their own pages with pictures, info and video links. I hope it doesn't get too crazy as I have multiple businesses to run but cars are my life and hopefully not only would I be able to find my own car, but help someone else in a similar situation. The new website will be up in the upcoming month probably at www.PlymouthRoadRunnerRegistry.com

Just a thought, but if your late uncle had a will, there may be a paper trail on the car at your local courthouse. An executor of the estate would have to list something like that.​

Just a thought, but if your late uncle had a will, there may be a paper trail on the car at your local courthouse. An executor of the estate would have to list something like that.​

He had just turned 20 years old so no will. My mom thought about it potentially being in their divorce paperwork. My dad doesn't think it was but it's worth a shot so we are going to try to find out how to go about getting a copy today. Thank you for your input.

I answered your Craigslist ad, I will be going down to my in-laws this weekend to pick up my wheels, and get the vin of his crashed RR.

I finally got the vin from my father in-law. Ill post it up for you on your site.

I finally got the vin from my father in-law. Ill post it up for you on your site.
Thanks. You can PM me the VIN. I have been so busy that I haven't even started on the registry website. I have multiple businesses that take precedence over these projects.

He wants to get his fixed, however I have a 73 that is almost put back together with a monster 408 in it. Body is solid and paint is a old 10' job. Interior is complete but needs good carpet, and seats reskinned. Im $13.5K in the motor, tires, transmission, complete suspension and brake rebuild.

Here is a pic of it nice and clean and buffed, like I said it does not have the best of paint jobs. But passes as decent.

20170914_194214.jpg 20170914_194158.jpg FB_IMG_1497135430845.jpg

Here is a pic of it nice and clean and buffed, like I said it does not have the best of paint jobs. But passes as decent.

View attachment 522969 View attachment 522970 View attachment 522971

Looks great. Is your father-in-law open to selling his? I am working with a local company and we are going to talk on Tuesday about starting to make repro parts for the '73-73 RoadRunner since there doesn't seem to be anyone out there doing them yet. I am also looking at maybe doing carbon fiber hood, fenders and front panel so people can buy brand new rust free parts and get the added benefit of weight savings!

I know I had to fabricate a lot of parts when I restored my 74 , there’s not a lot of offering for body parts for 74 yet but hopefully in the future there will be.

Good luck with your search, would be awesome karma to get it back

Thank you. I am working with a writer that is going to do a story on this search that should come out in a few months on a very big, well know site so hopefully things will move along.

I spent Thursday and Friday being interviewed about the search for this car and it will air in the next month or two. Here are a few more images we found going through my uncle’s things. Hopefully someone will recognize the car.

D999E7D9-AC0E-459A-A420-FE500D02BCA5.jpeg 13E09A51-D169-4CF0-A53C-5CFF9FC967F2.jpeg 105A6D06-BB76-4E38-8803-9A81A6D96F56.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back