• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lower windshield molding clip

tomlin

Local time
12:11 AM
Reaction score
I have no idea what the official name of this retainer would be but I need one for the passenger side. I will try and upload a pic. Thanks.
14971213072771170941013.jpg

Which side do you need, I believe I have one. Looks to be driver?

The pic is the drivers side. I need the passenger side. Some how it must have met the grinder when we were sanding.

Got it. Sent you a msg.
Looking at the parts book and collision manual, it states attaching parts included in mldg pkg. Basically it is just a clip and screw to attach it and hold the end down.
Clip-Right.jpg

Last edited:
Yep that's it. I have half of it. LOL The part with the screw hole is still there. I remember seeing it when we started stripping the paint from the car. I did notice my DA has a nice gash in the sanding pad. Who knows, could have been a beer moment? Crap happens. What you gotta have for it?

Hey Guys.....I am at the point in my car restoration that I will be hopefully installing the front and rear glass by the end of July. I have the trim moldings out now for clean up and polishing. Reading this post and looking at the "clip" you refer to, I do not find or cannot find this part in my molding stuff. I am sure if I took it off it would be with the parts. So, was this necessary part or could it have been left off the car when built? Please let me know.

Carl

Im not sure it is absolutely nessesary but the lower windshield trim slides over it.

Thanks tomlin.....I again went back through looking for the clips and they are no where to be found. I will hopefully not run into any issues when I replace the trim molding.

Carl

I need them on mine for insurance. I have one bad clip on the passenger side. I need to pull the glass and fix it but the glass has a BB chip down low. It is an original windshield and it will like break at that point when I remove it. If you look at your lower moldings you will see where these clips slide into it. They basically snug things up from what I can tell.

Auto Transport Service
Back