• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Many Retirment Projects??

6pktgo

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:05 AM
Reaction score
I didn`t know where to post this ,so here it is. Getting close to retardedment , I mean retirement & I just can`t crawl under & over, in the junk yards or on cars, like I used to. So my wife says I should do these more often. She`s not really a car nut, like me, but she liked it. I couldn`t give these lights and panel away & didn`t want to toss them, so with four hours of time & a bit of masking & paint, I turned it into wall art?? I still need the Bird & to mount these on a board to make them functional, but you get the idea.

IMG_1132.JPG IMG_1131.JPG IMG_1134.JPG IMG_1138.JPG

I've been retired since 2001. I now work on more cars than ever...and harder than ever. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I rolled around under semi’s&cars for 30+; now, I think about “it” for a couple days, then sigh & go do it!

Good luck on your retirement,what you going to do when you run out of parts

I have countless things to do thinking of retiring in couple years. So far able but with heady projects factor how much time and money to do. Rebuilding my 63 Fury last winter and doing another car 30 years ago I know this is my last go around. I have some things on deck but knowing time involved has stopped my plunge for now anyway.

I've been retired 18 years and still don't have enough time to get anything done. What used to take an hour now turns into a half a day to get completed. The good thing about retirement is that if you don't do it today it'll still be there tomorrow undone. It also seems like the time is going much faster now.

I didn`t know where to post this ,so here it is. Getting close to retardedment , I mean retirement & I just can`t crawl under & over, in the junk yards or on cars, like I used to. So my wife says I should do these more often. She`s not really a car nut, like me, but she liked it. I couldn`t give these lights and panel away & didn`t want to toss them, so with four hours of time & a bit of masking & paint, I turned it into wall art?? I still need the Bird & to mount these on a board to make them functional, but you get the idea.

View attachment 546956 View attachment 546961 View attachment 546963 View attachment 546964
Ummmm....why can't you "give them away"?
I guarantee some RR owner would like them!

Yeh, Now they would. The Chrome has large pitting, the lenses are web cracked, one had the reverse lens broke out, although the aluminum panel is in great condition corrosion wise and all the tie tabs are present w/nuts, it was very dented ,scratched and all three pieces needed the two colours redone badly. NOT presentable at all! With shipping anywhere ,even across the city at @ $100. Zero for the parts + $100 shipping + ? for packing materials & time! The guy I got the panel from, was going to scrap it for the aluminum , if I didn't take it, for free. The lights I've had forever and tried to sell the pair for $20 + shipping, & never had a single bite. Being a car guy, I saw the potential, were others didn't!

Last edited:
I did something similar with a 69 Charger Parts car that was cut up many year ago. I have the entire rear 6" off of the car. I mounted the whole *** end up on the wall & wired it up.

00q0q_9DuXz7hjnwh_600x450 (002).jpg 20161022_133608.jpg

3 yrs 9 months & 23 days till retirement! But who's counting........

3 yrs 9 months & 23 days till retirement! But who's counting........
Quit it, you’ll drive yourself crazy counting down. Wait for the last couple months!

Auto Transport Service
Back