• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Max wedge on the street or not what do you say

The Max wedge aren't a problem. Just get the intake/carb setup working. Big intake ports are fine.

The funny thing is back in the 60's they said the Max Wedge was to nasty to drive on the street. Heck today I see cars way more nastier then then the stock Max Wedges were driven on the street all the time. Heck my 440/493 in my 63 is nastier then a stock max Wedge and I drive it all the time on the street and it drives great.
Mike Gaines said it best as he drove a real stock max Wedge back in 1963 and he said it was no problem. Myself I run the Indy EZ heads just mildly ported and the Indy dual plane intake with a Holley 850 Double pumper and it drives and starts great. One thing I found out over the years since I dont use a choke on my hotrods is when I run one carb the double pumper carbs make an eng easier to start in cold weather that dont use a choke because it has 2 acell pumps pumping more fuel in the eng then the standard carb with just 1 acell pump. I love how well my car drives with the 850 DP. I also know alot of guys who do run 1050 Dominators on the street all the time and they like them. Myself I would love to try a Dominator on my car to see if it goes faster but it does eat enough pump gas with just the 850 on it. Ron

2 circuit 1050 dominator on my set up with custom 20 hole annular boosters. 750 hp. 78 main jet, 93 secondary jets, 9.5 power valve on the primary side and 0.088 PVRCs. 0.031 squirters, MABs are 0.022 IABs are 0.070. I'm using BLP billet blocks with the idle fuel passages moved to the bottom. I have more specs for it but I would have to go to the shop to get the info. Carb works like a dream. 572 HEMI.

Auto Transport Service
Back