• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May have found an A12 A833

sethjof

Local time
7:59 PM
Reaction score
9A302971
I think that I have an original A833 case from a blue A12 Roadrunner. This car was raced in the Baton Rouge, LA area for many years. During part of its racing days it had a max wedge top end. The car then changed hands once or twice before ending up in the Cincinnati area.

If anyone can put me in contact with the new owner of the car, I would appreciate it.

Do you have the VIN number for the car this trans came out of? That would be very helpful in locating the current owner of the car.

Do you have the VIN number for the car this trans came out of? That would be very helpful in locating the current owner of the car.

I think he gave it in his post.

It's either rm21h9a302971 or rm23h9a302971. If it is a 6 pac car.

Last edited:
That VIN does fall in a range of A12 cars but it is more aligned with a Super Bee than Road Runner.

That VIN does fall in a range of A12 cars but it is more aligned with a Super Bee than Road Runner.

I must be left brained! I have a road runner so that's all I was thinking, didn't even occur to me to give the possibility of a Super Bee vin as an option. Lol.
Thanks for the enlightenment!

After doing some more digging, I no longer think that this case is originally from a Road Runner. If it came from a Super Bee, would the VIN be one of the numbers below?

WM21M9A302971
WM23M9A302971

It's the engine code that I'm not certain about.

Last edited:
After doing some more digging, I no longer think that this case is originally from a Road Runner. If it came from a Super Bee, would the VIN be one of the numbers below?

WM21M9A302971
WM23M9A302971

It's the engine code that I'm not certain about.

Yes.

M will definitely be the 5th character in the VIN on an A12 car (Road Runner or Super Bee) designating that it is a 440 6-pack/6 bbl. engine. A12 cars will have E63 in the fender tag stating that the car started out as a 383 4-bbl.

Auto Transport Service
Back