• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Bullitt build

I started on the roof of the car by using paint stripper to remove the vinyl top glue, paint, and primer. Then I used a 6” DA sander to remove any leftover glue and paint. As with most vinyl top I was left with some rust and pitting to treat and repair. I coated the roof with a gel rust dissolver and covered the roof with plastic to keep the gel from evaporating. After about 8 hours I removed the plastic and rust dissolver then neutralize the roof with water, and paint prep. One last sanding with 80 grit on the DA sander, a wipe down with Final Klean and 2 coats of epoxy primer. Next I’ll will skim-coat the roof, sand and more epoxy primer.

Thanks

Pat

IMG_9377_zpsgkqpju4t.jpg

IMG_9383_zpsv93mcljw.jpg

IMG_9384_zps2op4ylli.jpg

IMG_9387_zpsriiluyxw.jpg

IMG_9393_zpspvfogira.jpg

IMG_9394_zpsvxtzmzig.jpg

IMG_9396_zpsonslpqvl.jpg

IMG_9407_zpsjy1tjibb.jpg

IMG_9416_zpsikjppayw.jpg

IMG_9427_zpsv0tw1a5v.jpg

The workmanship of this car continues to be over the top. As always, Pat, fantastic work.

I can't wait to see this car when it is done, and it will be even cooler next to the Bullitt Mustang!

The workmanship of this car continues to be over the top. As always, Pat, fantastic work.

I can't wait to see this car when it is done, and it will be even cooler next to the Bullitt Mustang!

Thank you sir I'm looking forward to that day as well
Pat

Your work is outstanding, or your photography skills are out of this world. Either way its looking great, I love seeing this cars progress

I used a Dremel with a wire brush to scuff the pits, and then block sanded the roof before skim coating it with body filler. Block sanded it again and sprayed a coat of high build primer. FUN! :-(

Thanks

Pat

IMG_9434_zpsaqfmtjvn.jpg

IMG_9433_zps0tcvk2pw.jpg

IMG_9438_zpsq7jft9ri.jpg

IMG_9440_zpsjh5yec9r.jpg

X2, incredible planning, detail and execution. I roll more on the "shift on the fly" style, lol.

Started to see a little surface rust starting on the hood and trunk that I had soda blasted over a year ago and never epoxy primer. So I pulled them out and power wash them with a solution of Hold Tight which neutralizes and cleans off the excess soda on the bare metal. Then I sanded the panels with 80 grit paper with the DA sander. Before priming the outside I sprayed inside of the frame work with rust encapsulator/frame coating.
Thanks
Pat

image_zpsolzfrgmx.jpg

image_zpsmlezsjfr.jpg

IMG_9445_zpskr483ij1.jpg

IMG_9448_zpsdjtvftuz.jpg

Here you can see the left side in the picture is sanded and the right side is the virgin metal after powder coating.

IMG_9453_zpspz0cmd1j.jpg

IMG_9454_zpsizqelwzf.jpg

Using Eastwoods internal frame coating and rust encapsulator I was able to spray inside both the trunk and hood framework in a variety of different positions to coat all the internal surfaces.

IMG_9468_zpslgwmueft.jpg

IMG_9469_zpsxejhgwdk.jpg

IMG_9474_zpsmzon8vbt.jpg

After removing the sound deadening held up with contact cement I was able to prep and prime the inside of the roof. Before spraying the epoxy primer and coated the inside of the roof framing with a rust encapsulator.

Thanks

Pat

Then I prep and sprayed the floors and package tray. Next I’ll seam seal the floor.

Thanks

Pat

IMG_9514_zps1ggdxe6m.jpg

IMG_9516_zps8hh2pt8n.jpg

IMG_9527_zpsptvhg0v7.jpg

IMG_9524_zpssje6mslx.jpg

Excellent work as usual Pat. Do you have to go back and scuff the epoxy before you lay on any fill primer?

There is a 24 hour window that you can spray with out scuffing, otherwise you must scuff with a 3M pad.
Thank you
Pat

PS happy Father's Day to all

Cleaned and painted the inside of the cowl and painted inside firewall along with the bottom of the Cowl. I use a paint that looks like the color of steel as this will make it a little brighter under the dash when working on it. With the car on the rotisserie it was very easy to use a self leveling seem sealer fill the original firewall panel seams.
Thanks
Pat

image_zpscc4racwj.jpg

image_zpsch79oicz.jpg

image_zpsehneqiqy.jpg

image_zpsnfb2mvjq.jpg

Using some cardboard I mocked up the rear brake cooling vents. I will make these up using .065 aluminum and have them powder coated black. I will make up the discharge side at the brake when the rear and wheels are back on.
Thanks
Pat

image_zpshejpo715.jpg

image_zpsnwah9v2l.jpg

image_zpsuljay9ud.jpg

Cleaned and painted the inside of the cowl and painted inside firewall along with the bottom of the Cowl. I use a paint that looks like the color of steel as this will make it a little brighter under the dash when working on it. With the car on the rotisserie it was very easy to use a self leveling seem sealer fill the original firewall panel seams.
Thanks
Pat
Excellent attention to detail Pat. That's the voice of experience there!

More outstanding work Pat, hard to believe how you keep things looking so tidy but looking at all the masking tape it just shows patience is the key. Love seeing it get coated in Epoxy, only means things are getting close:thumbsup:.

Rear brake vents look super cool too, great idea.

Auto Transport Service
Back