• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Bullitt build

I took a little break from the block sanding and bodywork and started making the aluminum front bumper brackets. Made a paper template of the driver side mounts and was very surprised when I flip the template inside out and it fit perfectly on the passenger side mounts. Need to do some welding and bend up the other 3 mounts.

Thanks

Pat

IMG_9017.jpg

IMG_9020.jpg

IMG_9024.jpg

IMG_9028.jpg

IMG_9029.jpg

IMG_9034.jpg

IMG_9036.jpg

The right side mounts are bent, just need to be welded and then the welds ground down. I will test fit when the bumpers return from Paul's chrome before I paint the mounts, I'm sure they will need a little tweaking to fit.

Thanks

Pat

IMG_9040.jpg

IMG_9042.jpg

IMG_9047.jpg

IMG_9049.jpg

Finished welding up the right side bumper mounts and ground down all the welds. When painted black I think it would hard to tell that they're not original.

Thanks

Pat

IMG_9132.jpg

IMG_9131.jpg

IMG_9130.jpg

IMG_9129.jpg

What make and model of mig are you using for all your sheet metal welding? Also, what size wire - .023 or .030 ??

You have been an inspiration to me. My car sat for 30 years with only plans - no action. Seeing your work has given me the incentive to get at it. I turn 65 in 3 weeks ... hopefully I still have a drivers license when its done !! I've been diligent in refurbing everything as I removed it from the car so hopefully reassembly will go quickly and smoothly.

What make and model of mig are you using for all your sheet metal welding? Also, what size wire - .023 or .030 ??

You have been an inspiration to me. My car sat for 30 years with only plans - no action. Seeing your work has given me the incentive to get at it. I turn 65 in 3 weeks ... hopefully I still have a drivers license when its done !! I've been diligent in refurbing everything as I removed it from the car so hopefully reassembly will go quickly and smoothly.

I have a Miller 140 mig welder and use .030 wire. It has an auto mode but I alway use the manual settings.

Thank you for your comments and good luck with your project!

Pat

A lot of work for bumper brackets,
they came out really nice too :thumbsup:

Finished the bumper mounts, time to get back to block sanding and bodywork :-(

Thanks

Pat

IMG_9208.jpg

IMG_9213.jpg

IMG_9216.jpg

IMG_9212.jpg

Sprayed the last coat of primer on the car and ready for the 320 blocking

Thanks

Pat

IMG_9436.jpg

IMG_9439.jpg

IMG_9441.jpg

Absolutly awesome like always! Can't wait to see it done!

Keep up with that fabulous work :thumbsup:

Sorry. I gots to do this. Those my lil blocking buddy are the famous last words. The song of my people.

Auto Transport Service
Back