• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

molding fastener

Stubby

Local time
8:40 AM
Reaction score
Hey I'm looking for mounting clips for upper fender molding. 1966 satellite

They have them on eBay. They're not cheap. I think I paid $160.00 for 32 clips

I just finished putting these on, yes they are hard to find.
I got mine from E-Body Parts and Restoration themoparshop.com I think they cost $69
I had to wait a while to get them, hopefully he still has a few bags.

Some tips:

1. Make sure the moldings are straight before you try and install them, you can bend them carefully by hand on a table.
Especially the long ones for the rear quarters.
2. If the car was painted, then drill or file the holes back to the original opening (get rid of the excess paint).
3. Insert the plastic 90 degree pieces, note the longer side goes towards the outside of the vehicle.
4. Push in the locking pins.
5. Pick a couple places where you want to use the bolts with the spring tabs, spots where you can get access and put on the nuts. (These don't work real well I bent the spring part open further than originally delivered) See below.
6. Snap on the molding from above. (Carefully!)

Note too: In a few spots I took the plastic piece, cut off the ears which protrude through the hole and put a #8 screw through the plastic clip. Then I had to grind the head off the screw so it would fit in the molding. The plastic melted to the screw so I was able to put a nut on below and not have it spin. These worked well.

Good luck!

Auto Transport Service
Back