• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar saved

SirRalliart

Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
Hello,
Back in a Mopar after a 20-year hiatus.

Just picked up this '69 Road Runner, 440, 4-spd, 4.10 Dana 60, Vitamin C. It's loud, it's colorful, it smells, it leaks, it's noisy, its floor pans are rusty, I overspent - but, it's mine and I like it! Decoded the tag to be originally 383 AT, R4 Red, Black Bench Seat, Black Vinyl Roof, Std rearend, manual brakes, manual steering. Not much left on the car is original as it now has 440, 4-spd, Dana 60 and power steering.

I say "saved" because the guy I bought it from not only was not a Mopar guy, but not mechanically inclined at all.

I grew up on Mopars - first car was a '72 Charger then wrapped it around a telephone pole. Then moved to a '77 Aspen R/T w/ 318 4-spd OD French Racing Blue and sunroof. That was my daily driver while I bought a '68 Superbee 383 AT A/C, then a '69-1/2 Superbee 6-pack 4-spd, T5 Copper with Tan vinyl roof and stripe delete and lift-off hood (sold it in 1989 for $2500- ugh!), then '73 Gold Duster Slant Six, then 1978 Dodge Street Kit Car with E58 360 4bbl AT, then dry for 20 years...

Attachments

• Resize 1.jpg
    Resize 1.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 379
  • resize 2.jpg
    resize 2.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 386
  • resize 3.jpg
    resize 3.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 340
  • resize 4.jpg
    resize 4.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 361
welcome back ,nice save:blob1:

Welcome to FBBO from Sunny Calif., Nice 69 RR...

Welcome to FBBO SirRalliArt!

You will enjoy this site - Lots of good people and information

Great looking car!!

Enjoy the site

Ma Snart

My 71 Charger for your viewing pleasure - More pictures of my Mopars in my gallery

Glad to have ya, you will find that almost everyone on here can be considered a saint for their efforts. We all support each other in our quest to build (and maintain) what we have.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Sweet Road Runner. Looks like you'll need to find the right air cleaner and wiper motor for your Air Grabber.

Thanks for all the welcomes! I found the Houston Mopar boys this weekend.

Ahh, the trials and tribulations of old Mopars. My LH header gasket is blown out and thought it'd be an easy fix. Nope. Power steering was added after the headers and motor were installed, so now I can't get the headers off the 3 studs that are left. Bolted it back up to wait for a long weekend so I can figure it out - jack up the motor or something...anything but having to pull the steering box.

Then, decided to fix the leaky rear differential. Thought that'd be easy - bought a cover gasket and $60 worth of Royal Purple gear oil. Oops, the cover doesn't leak, it's the Pinion Seal. Why is everything so difficult? Actually, changing the pinion seal looks pretty easy...on a lift! I'll have to jack the car up enough to fit a breaker bar and room for leg torque since I don't have an impact. I guess there is always Harbor Freight...

The good thing is, my 30 year old Craftsman tools still fit!

Nice roadrunner,like you I just got back into it myself and you just have to get used to haveing the little things turn into a big project..good luck.

I would double nut the studs and screw them out. Warning you will lose coolant.

Thanks for all the welcomes! I found the Houston Mopar boys this weekend.

Ahh, the trials and tribulations of old Mopars. My LH header gasket is blown out and thought it'd be an easy fix. Nope. Power steering was added after the headers and motor were installed, so now I can't get the headers off the 3 studs that are left. Bolted it back up to wait for a long weekend so I can figure it out - jack up the motor or something...anything but having to pull the steering box.

Then, decided to fix the leaky rear differential. Thought that'd be easy - bought a cover gasket and $60 worth of Royal Purple gear oil. Oops, the cover doesn't leak, it's the Pinion Seal. Why is everything so difficult? Actually, changing the pinion seal looks pretty easy...on a lift! I'll have to jack the car up enough to fit a breaker bar and room for leg torque since I don't have an impact. I guess there is always Harbor Freight...

The good thing is, my 30 year old Craftsman tools still fit!

nice...if not for anything else you have something cool in your garage/driveway, kids giving you "thumbs up" and supporting future muscle car owners..and lastly, something new to bitch about! haha..

I would double nut the studs and screw them out. Warning you will lose coolant.

LOL! Yeah, I got a nice big wet garage floor soaking my special order cardboard boxes/oil leak soaker-uppers. Funny, I just didn't remember water jackets running through the heads for some reason - just completely blocked it out of my memory. I had to call my BB buddy from 20 years ago because I thought I really screwed the pooch when water was flowing so fast I couldn't feel the hole for the header bolt to plug the leak!

Oh, well, live and learn. I have a feeling I'll be saying that a lot this summer!!

Auto Transport Service
Back