• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOPAR STEERING COLUMN FIT WITH BORGESON PS SETUP?

HAHNAGON

Local time
6:15 PM
Reaction score
The first picture is where my issue may be?? Badically I'm asking if any of this is normal or looks incorrect? The steering shaft appears to not be centered coming out of column?? I'm having some vibration and feedback during steering. Not bad, but it's something I haven't experienced on my other ps b bodies. I have the borgeson gear box, ps pump and hoses setup. All of that installed fine. I'm also using moog 11/16" tie rods with pst solid adjusters and pst fast ratio pitman and idler. I have taken apart and retorqued, removed and retightened steering column, etc a few times. Any advice is welcome. Thank you for your time.

20230827_202948.jpg

20230827_202801.jpg

20230827_202925.jpg

20230827_202958.jpg

20230827_203112.jpg

What are you working on? On my 65, there is no lower bearing to keep it centered. I did have a Delrin bushing made up for when I get to that. From the factory, there is a flexible boot with a nylon ring in the center. Have a new one to add later.
IMG_2338.JPG

I "think" that should have a lower bearing in the column. For sure there is an upper like mine. I believe it's a nylon unit. Looks like yours is toast or MIA.

Pull back the carpet and let's see how the column to floor shield is bolted down

Ok. I've done that. Removed bolts and reinstalled/torqued for good measure but maybe something isn't right. I'll take some pics after work.
Loosen them up, and there's room in the bolt holes to slide it around and center the shaft to the tube

I think the nylon part is correct -- there are some inner nylon parts that surround the shaft inside the column. I watched this a-body video a few years ago and used it as a model to rebuild my column on my 70 RR. He lists all of the vendors and parts as well. Ok. I just watched parts of the video again. At 17:22 you can see the nylon at the end of the column/shaft. There are some other nylon pieces on the inside as well. My column was in the same state as yours -- nothing there and I could move the shaft up and down in the column.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back