• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moparfest at the Battleship April 28th 2018

I'm beat. 3 hrs sleep.
More pix tomorrow.
Great meeting all of you!

the would be the only car show that I wouldn't look at the cars...
i'd head straight for the
016016a.jpg

It was a perfect show for me. The wife loved the swap meeting setting. The oldest boy got schooled on what real cars looked liked (chevy fan boy) lol. The youngest boy loved the tanks. Beach on the way thru Bay St.louis on the way home. Epic Saturday spent money on food and gasoline.

Did anybody get to talk with the guy who owned this car. There were a bunch of cool stuff there. But this one caught my attention. I'm not up on all the different stuff these cars have. But was this a real car with that option. Either way I thought it was cool.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Did anybody get to talk with the guy who owned this car.
I first saw his car at Mopars at the Lake in Kenner (another BEMA "production") my car club hosts. I don't recall for sure, but I think it is a R/T clone. The intake is from the 1961 era 413 Max Wedge (yet another reason why I LOVE Max Wedge technology). I really admire the metal work on the passenger side inner fenderwell to make room for the carb and intake. Truly unique and exceptional build, and if you ever get a chance to meet the owner, he is very willing to talk about the build.

More pix
20180428_144314.jpg
20180428_144323.jpg
20180428_144406.jpg
20180428_144425.jpg

This green 71 SuperBee Charger was marked "VIP" or "Exec" (I don't recall) on the build sheet, so probably for a Chrysler Corp executive. Odd combo of options.
20180428_144501.jpg
20180428_144512.jpg
20180428_144519.jpg
20180428_144526.jpg

First mopar only show I've been to. If they get better than this. I can't see it. Hope they make this a two day event next year. To much to do in one day if you want to talk to the owners about there cars. Biomedtechguy, next year my roadrunner will be making the trip. We will see about them bazzard moostinks next year. Lol

First mopar only show I've been to. If they get better than this. I can't see it. Hope they make this a two day event next year. To much to do in one day if you want to talk to the owners about there cars.
I have gone down there with some of my club members on the Friday day before the show. Went to Lambert's Restaurant in Foley, AL (home of the throwed roll) and back at the hotel for numerous liquor shots the night before the show. The Passon a855 made driving there a whole new experience, went from 3,500 in 4th with a 3.54 r&p to 2,800 in 5th with a 4:10...
It has always been only a one day event. Best suggestion is to either stay over Friday night for an early start Saturday morning or get there early Saturday. Now that you know the layout, maybe you can make better use of the time there.
I had a great time. Seems like I make more friends every year. I have to always do some touch up detailing when I get there, so that is time lost to walk around and hang out, but I am at 100% success rate for winning a Top 40 or Top 50 award and I have to admit it is addictive.
The best part of the show though is the people, their cars, and the venue, and this year the ride was extra special too. I haven't had so many "road compliments" and thumbs up since Crusin the Coast.
If those buzzing insects would have met me on the service road, I would have been happy to spank them from a dead stop. The interstate isn't my forté vs a Mustang Cobra, but they sound like **** compared to the 440+6 !

I liked and subscribed on YouTube to the video you posted and the channel.
Great video, great way to capture the scope of the venue.
God bless American Muscle cars and military might and veterans!
The land of the free and the home of John Wayne is going to kick your ***! :)
:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Actually here's a good SOUNDING (crappy picture quality) video of my Roadrunner sending my buddy's SRT Jeep into the "L" bracket (3 times out of 3)

A quick note. The first time I spent the whole week at Crusin the Coast, right after I got my Roadrunner, I pulled into Edgewater Mall, one of the big "show and shine" venues and a guy came up to talk about my car and cars in general. Shortly into the conversation, I could tell he was a real gearhead and actually knew what he was talking about. John and I really hit it off, even though he was a "Chevy guy" back in the day... :) He had a 69 Nova 375/396 4 speed and after losing to a Hemi once or twice swapped a 427 in its place.
Anyway we have been friends ever since, and it's nice to have a real gearhead to talk with that shares our enthusiasm for cars (just like this forum).
Here's a picture from this year's Battleship show. I figured I didn't need another pic of just me and my car. A friend who was in our club and went with us on Friday and stayed over for the Saturday show 2 years ago had a stroke the morning after the show, and passed away a month later. We never know how much time we have left to live, to make amends, and to let those we care about know just how much they mean to us. I hope to have a lot more time with John and my friends. He made the trip with me this year.
20180429_120253.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back