• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motor plate w/power steering? 69 roadrunner

turbogmc

Local time
1:55 AM
Reaction score
I have a 69 roadrunner and i am wanting to install a front motor plate. My question is, can i have that with the stock power steering set up? If so, will it bolt up normally or will i need some sort of aftermarket bracket or different set up all together? Thank you, Bret

Motor plates usually bolt to the water pump outlets on the block. Dont think your getting the P/S bracket and belt etc... lined up or even usable.

Motor plates are for race cars and usually race cars dont have P/S.

Bret, the PS bolts to the ear on the water pump housing. this motor plate would likely have to be trimmed to small to mount the PS safely. but if you were crafty enough it may work. I would make custom brackets to mount the PS!

Okay, i will keep looking. My car originally had a 383 but we are just getting done with my all aluminum fuel injected 572 hemi that i have been waiting for over 3 years now. I thought a plate would be nicer and even cheaper to work with than the schumacher motor mounts or sending my k frame out to be changed over to a hemi k frame and then buying hemi mounts. My car has power steering which i like so was thinking there had to be some way or some adapter that someone has used.

Here you go. Remove back bracket and drill hole accordingly. We added 1" to the bracket so it hung low enough for hoses to clear.

IMG_7177.JPG

Perfect, thank you! Would you please pm me a contact number? I have a few more questions for you. Thanks, Bret

Auto Transport Service
Back