• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 1967 Belvedere Convertible Plans and Restoration (aka - Mad Scientist Build)

Flushing in the gas cap is looking very cool Larry....can't wait to see the body all cued up ready for paint (I'm sure you are just as keen):thumbsup:

Looks great Kahn! I hate bodywork too and have been putting it off. As you know, I like the smooth look to where gas caps go. I took mine off completely and moved it to the top of the left quarter. I have decided to keep my door handles though.

I like the smooth look to where gas caps go. I took mine off completely and moved it to the top of the left quarter.
Me too....on my A100
upload_2017-1-17_6-26-0.png

Previous owner had moved it inside the tray area - quite dangerous and a little too Redneck for my liking. :lol:

Pictures of my vehicle supplied just because without them, a post ain't worth it. :D
upload_2017-1-17_6-28-1.png

BTW...that's Dusty - the P/O above.

Just ordered this . . . ( thanks 747 Mopar for the recommendation . . . )
Now maybe I can lay the paint down like I need it to be done . . . and hopefully figure out how NOT to run it . . .

dvr-803558_yu_xl.jpg

Ha ha ha ha . . . very Funny Goon . . .

You don't think that I'd learn by now that using my fingers and getting all that finger oil in the paint would cause issues with it sticking . . .
C'mon . . .
I've learned "a little" from being on this Forum from you guys . . .

Look at what showed up today . . . and that means that I can now retire all my old painting implements . . . and step up to the 21st century ! ! !

sn_newoldpaintinge.jpg

Whooohoooo . . . can't wait to see how it works compared to the old implements . . .

Wooohooo, looks exactly like mine. Hope it serves you well.

I think you'll appreciate the large cup and easy cleanup plus the added volume from the 1.8 for your primer. Happy painting:thumbsup:

Well . . . I've been scratching my head on the passenger side rear quarter, and it appears that I've welded some stress into the panels . . . the outside panel has a little bulge in it, and if I push the panel in where it should be and make it look good, then the panel inside the wheel well oil-cans on me . . . ARGH ! ! ! And the lower body line, in front of the wheel well was sucked in about 1/2" too . . . Trying to figure out what to do . . . it finally came down to one option . . .

Two steps backwards . . . to get this thing right . . . sliced the side of the car, pulled the sunk down area out to get it straight, and now I get to weld it all back up again . . . Laugh all you want about all the welding on this side of the car, but this side was completely fabricated by "yours truly" since finding donors or quality panels for 67's is not very likely . . .

sm_bodywork112.jpg

I'll work on trying to better shape this side as I put it back together and hopefully I'll be able to clean up this mess with my, ahem, body working "skills" ? ? ? ?

Laugh all you want about all the welding on this side of the car, but this side was completely fabricated by "yours truly" since finding donors or quality panels for 67's is not very likely . . .
Just remember it is YOUR car Larry....build it the way you want or need to. It's not like you're gonna flip the thing the minute the paint is dry. :thumbsup:

Got a couple things to report on today . . . and it's all good . . .

On my drill press, these knobs were really slick, so I've added some knurling to them to make then easier to work with

sm_knurleddrillpress.jpg

My friend has been working on these for the AR's . . . they're called "silent springs" . . . the one laying flat is a mass produced version, and the (3) standing up ( red, whit, and blue ) are the ones that he's built for us to install into our wepons. The coloring on them is Cerakote - and it will help protect the steel while in use in the guns.
Once he gets moved in, and we find the springs . . . they'll go into the AR's . . .

sm_silentsprings.jpg

Got this panel moved around, got most of the oil-canning out of it, and got the panel pulled out much better that it was previously . . . Now, onto the bodywork on this side ! ! !

sm_panelreweldedagain.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back