• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 470

That's a 6qt. pan.

Still small for a stroker imo if it has a big pump. Those pans work fine on a dyno, I prefer something better in a car that experiences any g force. But then again I do like to go over kill on the oiling system. That's just me though, opinions seem to vary greatly on pickups and pans.

This is a street bruiser/cruiser. No auto cross and not a dedicated track car.

Harland Sharp roller rockers.

IMG_1102.JPG IMG_1103.JPG

With such a tight area for the dip stick, I put on my Lokar flexible dip stick.

IMG_1104.JPG

Which gaskets did you use for the windage tray, if any?
I really like this build, simple but solid!
:popcorn:

I got a Mopar Performance windage tray with gaskets on eBay for 35 smackers.

Got the drivers side rockers and push rods in and adjusted. Hopefully have time tomorrow to do pass. side.

My dad is coming over for my little ones 9th b-day party, so I'll have him double check my work.

Managed to get it buttoned up. Got 80 psi. with the drill for priming. Don't worry, I'll be changing that Crap filter to a Wix just before I get the engine back in the car.

IMG_1106.JPG IMG_1107.JPG IMG_1108.JPG IMG_1109.JPG

A couple more in better light.

IMG_1111.JPG IMG_1112.JPG IMG_1113.JPG

It's patented, lol!!! Go for it!

What did you end up with for pushrod length? How's the swipe look? How do they sit in the adjusters? Very crucial in my opinion and one of the biggest, common mistakes....

Or did I not look back far enough lol

Push rod length.....8.187
Swipe on top of valve is centered throughout the cycle.
Cup sits around the ball end of the adjuster a good amount, didn't know to measure that, but my 1 calibrated eye says it's good.

Now if all else fails, I'll go and install my factory rockers and move on if I don't like what I'm hearing after break in.

Got 80 psi. with the drill for priming.
Some might dis-agree with me, but 80 psi oil pressure seems too high.
Sure your pressure gauge is right?

Just going by how I was told, that too high on oil pressure, results can be oil doesn't lubricate as well, because of high flow.

I've got 50 psi on mine, cold at idle...and consider that on the high side, but good with my clearances.

Some might dis-agree with me, but 80 psi oil pressure seems too high.
Sure your pressure gauge is right?

Just going by how I was told, that too high on oil pressure, results can be oil doesn't lubricate as well, because of high flow.

I've got 50 psi on mine, cold at idle...and consider that on the high side, but good with my clearances.

That's perfectly normal on the drill with cold oil.

Auto Transport Service
Back