• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 63 2 door conversion alterd

updates

:glasses1:ran out off welding gas again and my first attempt at bead rolling . mounting the gas tank using the old one to fit cross bars . it got to hot out so thats it for this update. next gonna be workin on frame connectors

Picture 071.jpg Picture 072.jpg Picture 073.jpg Picture 074.jpg Picture 075.jpg Picture 076.jpg Picture 077.jpg

have been watching your work and it is great to see your progress.nice work on the fender,can't wait to see it in primer also.

gas tank

i cut the pieces tank looks kinda low got to make adjustments and i found out why iam getting alot done its gotta be the bull lol :hello2:

Picture 084.jpg Picture 082.jpg Picture 081.jpg Picture 080.jpg Picture 079.jpg Picture 078.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your son.....and I know what you mean about the heat setting in. I'm not very far from you in nice and humid Pasadena. Also, you look familiar....maybe we talked at the Mopar show at the track in Baytown? I go by DJ. Your 63 is looking good! I have a 66 2dr post....well had 2 of them and had a 67 Dodge Coronet 4dr that I was thinking about converting but had just too many irons in the fire. The 67 was solid through and through but I gave it to my nephew to convert over :D and sold the other 66. It was pretty rusty.

update

finished the gas tank and fitted thr frame connectors . next need to remove the motor and trans so i can get the front started .looks like the wheel opening is gonna be close may have to trim the bumper wish me luck :icon_thumleft:

Picture 014.jpg Picture 015.jpg Picture 016.jpg Picture 017.jpg Picture 018.jpg Picture 019.jpg Picture 020.jpg Picture 021.jpg Picture 022.jpg Picture 023.jpg Picture 024.jpg Picture 025.jpg Picture 026.jpg Picture 028.jpg

more updates

started on front end the heat is turrible around here not getting much done :angryfire:

Picture 029.jpg Picture 030.jpg Picture 031.jpg Picture 032.jpg Picture 033.jpg Picture 034.jpg Picture 035.jpg Picture 036.jpg

Respect! Someone should give you a Hilborn-injected Hemi for free for all the work you've done!!

Cheers,
Marcel
the Netherlands

Can't agree more with Marcel...I'll add a 18 spline A833 to that. Makes me really jealous that i'm not a metalwizard...

Poly, Ive been quietly following along here with your project. The amount of work and the knowledge you have to do all this is amazing to say the least. You are going to have quite the ride when done.. Good luck with it but i don't think you'll need it from what ive seen!

update

shock towers in place and removed torsion bar sockets for relocation

Picture 007.jpg Picture 008.jpg Picture 009.jpg Picture 010.jpg Picture 012.jpg Picture 011.jpg

Last edited:
updates

got my torsion sockets mocked up. the longer bars have to be resized to fit the sockets they seem to be larger than b body ones . front fenders are gonna be a little tricky

Picture 150.jpg Picture 151.jpg Picture 152.jpg Picture 153.jpg Picture 154.jpg Picture 155.jpg Picture 156.jpg Picture 157.jpg Picture 158.jpg Picture 159.jpg Picture 160.jpg

Last edited:
Poly wow...my buddy put me onto this thread, as i have a 63 4 door Fury that i am about to start the same conversion on
4 to2 door / AWB
This is an amazing thread and has got me even more fired up to start the job ..
Just waiting for my 2 door, Fury doors to arrive from the USA
Im no master at metalwork like you, but i have 2 mates that are, so we will see and i will start a thread too as soon as we start
Most of my mates think im nuts to take on such a job...wait till i show em this thread :headbang:

Many thanks for the inspiration to do it
Steve

Auto Transport Service
Back