• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 64 Polara chassis

major progress

13669046_10207281751824569_5364256092938346206_n.jpg 13654181_10207281751864570_3648828140760432902_n.jpg

Finally some more progress. Rebuilding the firewall and bracing the midplate.

image.jpeg

I was following this build for a bit. Wow it's changed direction a bit lol. Nice job. What's the power plant now.

It's an aluminum gen3 426 hemi with twin precision turbos

Working on measurements for the rest of the turbo fab. Lots left to do.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Looks like a great build with a lot of high tech. Is there a completion date?

Hopefully it will be done this winter. Perpetually waiting on the chassis guy to finish his part

A small update but a good step in the right direction.

IMG_0679.JPG

More progress. Still need to brace the shock towers. But moving along a little now.

IMG_0702.JPG IMG_0699.JPG IMG_0700.JPG IMG_0698.JPG

Hey Folks, I am running out of drive to finish this car. Anyone interested in buying this car? I would consider selling it as a rolling chassis or with the entire drivetrain and EFI setup. Priorities change, I have had so much trouble with every step of this build and just been run through the ringer. If anyone is interested and would make a reasonable offer I would entertain it. There is over 25k in just chassis and suspension on this car. tubular front end with coil overs and discs. Custom built chromoly chassis and rear end. The long block is another 20k, its an all aluminum gen3 hemi with Thitek heads and a custom rotating assmebly, the turbos and intake another 10k, the EFI setup 7k with the fuel system, weld RTS wheels, I have north of 100k into it. The paint is really nice. I have every piece to put it back together but the weatherstripping. Didn't buy it yet. As much as it pains me to do it, I want to build my dart and drive it every day. This would have to go first.

That's a sick bitch! Take a break from it and regroup. With all the time and money you've invested it would be a shame to let it go now .

That is way more than a shame , It's a damned sin! You'll lose your shirt if you bail now.
Think long and hard on this,You're talking SEMA material here!

If you don't need the money take a break. Having a big wad of money nice but, think hard. Sold a 62 Dodge with a crossram hemi torqueflite and a dana 60 in 1974. Bought the motor, trans and rear back 12 years later from the guy I sold it to.

It's not as much money as it is being utterly frustrated with people stringing me along and ripping me off. I'm trying to be patient and forget it's even there at this point. I have my dart in the body shop. We are making some progress on it. It will probably be done before this car. It's a way more simple build though

That sucks, I can relate some & I hope you finish it...

You'll never sell it for anything near what you have in it...
You'd be hard pressed to get 1/2 even... sorry not meant to offend
I know you probably know that anyway...
I know It's little to no comfort too....

There are people out there that prey on these very circumstances
& will pounce on such builds, reap the benefits of the previous owners
expense or hardships in some cases...
"again sorry not meant to offend, brutal truth/facts honesty, is what you need right now"

I've built & owned 26 different racecars, all from the ground up now,
I've seen every aspect, good & bad at one point or other,
I fell for you too... Been there done that...
I wouldn't wish what your going thru on anyone...
Sometime you need to go thru this crap to learn too,
It's a lesson that will be bitter in your mind & mouth
for decades to come too....

here's my take;
Fabricators are an eccentric strange types sometimes
{much like artists, many times they're drunks, druggies, damaged & broken people, personal life in shambles
or just horrible business people, never able to commit on time, always an excuse, not that is what's happened,
but it is in many cases, seen it far too many times over the years, especially with customs & more so racecars}
getting them motivated is tough, sometimes especially more so,
if they been paid for most of the work so far or up-to date,
they lose interest/incentive/motivation...
Or when you didn't have a written contract or
a written in performance clause for completion too,
date expectation etc. & financial penalties for such too...
I was going to say something about "how slow the progress was",
but figured you knew already, it was probably a sore subject...

I've been down that road too, never again !!

Sorry to hear your going thru, what seemingly most people go thru
on these types of builds, it's like pulling teeth to get a good
earnest hardworking fabricators {or body & paint} people too,
to commit to a decent timeframe on a project & stick with it, to finish quickly,
even if you didn't change anything midstream...

I know of far many more peoples, utter nightmares than very many
great experiences, with either types, partially why I do all my own,
as much as possible...
I know that's little of no help or consolation ether...

Your car, what's actually been done,
it does look awesome !!
I wish you the best... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back