• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 66 charger progress

My cylinder head lady called me today. She has my new trick flows torn apart. Says she is impressed with them. Gonna pick them up and wrap my motor up next week or two unless I get busy on side work!

The metallic in the sun in the kk1 paint

IMG_2988.JPG IMG_2986.JPG

Well I have everything new. Seats, arm rest bases and pads, center console arm pads. Been polishing the chrome and reassembling. Missing parts so wait for the rain to let up to grab missing seat hardware off one of the parts cars.

IMG_3392.JPG

Like I've mentioned, I got my trickflow heads and m1 intake back from my cylinder head girl.

I was gonna just run 104 in the car or e85 convert it but common sense some over me and with my zero deck 30 over 440 and 12cc domes, the 78cc trickflows just aren't gonna be streetable enough for me when it comes to compression.

So two steps forward and one step back I went ahead and ordered my stroker parts and i have 2 440 blocks at my machinist so I asked them to boil mag and sonic check them both. Got everything on the way for the stroker (500 inches) except Pistons until I hear from machinist

While waiting for the stroker build ( machinist mag, sonic check my block) I have everything but Pistons until I hear from machinist.

I started to get the new wiper pivot seals installed, wiper motor seal, run some sound and heat barrier. Fixed the dash gauges and lights and cleaned up the lenses.

Pg classic had Presidents' Day sale so instead of dickin around with ship time and paying just as much to have my stock bezel rechromed I just ordered a new one. 300 bucks to my door. Gotta transfer lenses tho.

Also used dmt kit on heater box and new heater core

I'm going to paInt my dash the correct texture and color as well.

IMG_3877.JPG IMG_3874.JPG IMG_3892.JPG IMG_3875.JPG IMG_3876.JPG IMG_3893.JPG IMG_3885.JPG IMG_3883.JPG IMG_3886.JPG

The Charger is sweet. From where it came from to where it is now - you've got a beauty on your hands. You just don't see many of these 66-67 chargers these days. Motor on.......

Some more progress, again, on my days off tinkering with my son.... none of this is difficult it's just time consuming and you have to educate yourself about things.

Before

IMG_3876.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back