• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 66 charger progress

Ok so about sound deadened and or heat barrier. There is tons of stuff out there and I can't say any of it is wrong or right.

But I can say this.

I'd rather deal with noise then heat. Here is what I did.

I used spray on clear bed liner on the floors first

Then, using a roller, I used heat barrier. It's the no name eBay bubble foam stuff hush mat dyna mat blah blah blah heat barrier. Same crap dei heat shields are made out of, but only the ones that with stand 500 degrees. The other stuff can with stand way higher temps but is too much money and overkill for a firewall and floorboards. They ever get close to 500 degrees you will have more to worry about than being cool in your car.

Anyway I got it from eBay and used insulation tape at all the corners and 3m spray adhesive to hold it to the floor and firewall. I also used the stock b body firewall insulation pieces. In the surfaces that I'm not worried about pieces heating up and sliding off of, I used peel and seal. It is, again, all on top of clear spray in bedliner.

IMG_3907.JPG IMG_3910.JPG IMG_3911.JPG

Watch out if your putting a new heater core in. Couldn't tell if you had heater core in or not. 10 years ago my core crapped out on my 66 Satellite. Went to radiator shop where I bought one 20 years before. Get the new core with pipes on it complete. Put core in and put the whole heater assembly in looked at pipes coming out of firewall they were to short, WTF. Took it apart an had to put old pipes with tank they were attached to on new core.
If you have A/C this might not apply.

hope mine looks that GOOD when completed :) Maybe this time next yr

RACK DAY 001.JPG

Well I'm waiting on parts and not been feeling well but I did figure out a solution for replicating the suede or organisol looking paint or whatever they call it on the 66/67 b bodies and for the defrost ducts for b bodies without paying a fortune for nos ones for anyone interested

IMG_4005.JPG IMG_4006.JPG IMG_4007.JPG IMG_4008.JPG

Dash vents in, posted my fix in another post.

Rear bumper back from chrome and bumper brackets powder coated. Polished the amd stainless bumper bolts put in New bumper filler and installed the bumper

IMG_3734.JPG IMG_3735.JPG IMG_4307.JPG IMG_4308.JPG IMG_4309.JPG

Got everything in to restore the heater box. Not gonna put ac in this one because I just don't want to put any no factory holes in it and when it's hot enough for ac in Cali I'm usually in the garage or cruising my newer Chrysler

Photos to come as time permits

Dropped off lower dash trim, 4 stock am radio knobs, 3 vent control knobs, headlight hold open bezel and internal ring to be chromed. I know the trim is stainless and the rest pot metal but my powder coater swears by this guy so we will see. Cost me 270 for just those few parts so it better be good.

Little more progress.

Got the wiper pivot seals replaced and the wiper motor seal. What a jigsaw puzzle I went away from it for about a month lol.

Got the heater box cleaned up and restored and with the help of my 10 year old I got it back in.

That gave me the drive to put the new dash pad on and the new retro sound speaker. Rated at 90 watt rms but I don't honestly see how.

Anyway all these aftermarket dashes fit like crap so be prepared. I just oval the dash holes that the studs go in and get it perfect.

Sent dash chrome out to be rechromed it's done 300 dollars later but been working 6 days a week 10 hour days so had to have someone else pick it up for me.

Anyway more to come as I can.

IMG_0036.JPG IMG_0038.JPG IMG_0039.JPG

Looking good bud keep on it wish I bought one of those charger s from you . I want one really bad now I'll finish my rallye then I'll get one of the 66-67 style next

they are great cars . i have 80 year old ladies who you dont even think can see give thumbs up

Well not much progress to report.

I'll be away for the next few months in Oklahoma for FAA schooling. Gonna be away from my car at home in my garage and all the ones at the shop, including my 63 polara.

This is where I'm at.

The pics are of the garage filled with parts, the drums leaving for some wilwoods, the borgeson box going in, 17 inch magnum 500 knock offs to clear the wilwoods. More sound deadened...just random ****.

Oh and the guys at the chrome shop actually felt good about taking my money after the piss poor job on my dash trim.... service nowadays..

IMG_0385.JPG IMG_0386.JPG IMG_0387.JPG IMG_0388.JPG IMG_0389.JPG IMG_0391.JPG IMG_0392.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back