• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 66 Satellite street car project

Yes. Make sure the shop masks off that thing good. Be a shame to get overspray on anything.
Interested on how the EFI works out. What are you doing for tank and fuel pump?
Car looks great, keep up the good work!

Yes. Make sure the shop masks off that thing good. Be a shame to get overspray on anything.
Interested on how the EFI works out. What are you doing for tank and fuel pump?
Car looks great, keep up the good work!
Thanks Gpuller, The fuel pump will be a billet Holley gear pump pulling from sump of fuel cell mounted under car. Good for 800 EFI HP
hp_inlinebilletfp.jpg

OK, So Wheel and tire time. Narrowed it down to on of these from Billet Specialties. Either (Street lite) or a very new offering The (Win Lite)

Maybe even the bead lock version.

What do you guys think?

IMG_0484[1].jpg IMG_0484_2.jpg IMG_0484_3.jpg WinLite15X10_Side.png download (1).jpg
download.jpg

Last edited:
Back on the ground and mocking up panels, Going to the body shop on Saturday for Block and paint. It's a lot more than just block and paint but well leave it at that...With the amount of time I've spent on this thing over the past couple weeks I'm happy to hand her off to a professional for awhile. I need a break and my wife is about to divorce me cause of it. So anyway just need to get trunk hinges on and she goes..

IMG_1410.JPG IMG_1411.JPG IMG_1412.JPG IMG_1413.JPG IMG_1414.JPG IMG_1415.JPG

THINK YOU'LL HAVE IT READY FOR THE MOPARS AT E-TOWN SHOW IN 2017? NICE WORK BEAD LOCK IS THE BOMB

THINK YOU'LL HAVE IT READY FOR THE MOPARS AT E-TOWN SHOW IN 2017? NICE WORK BEAD LOCK IS THE BOMB
Hoping to have it done by Carlisle in July so hopefully yes for etown. Did you go this year still very low attendance. We all have to do our part to keep that show alive.

Hoping to have it done by Carlisle in July so hopefully yes for etown. Did you go this year still very low attendance. We all have to do our part to keep that show alive.
Ya e-town is not putting any money into the show.Man I remember when it was a great show staging lanes full, swap meet packed, Hemi super stock shoot out, a couple of top fuel dragsters.Shirley Moldowney match racing . I remember them giving away a roadrunner one year. I go every year regardless. I even wrote a letter (e-mail) to the front office saying what the hell happened to this event ? never got a responce. O'well as they say "It Is what It Is and that's all that It Is ". Look forward to Seeing you next year. Peace

All loaded up and ready to go to body shop. Garage feels empty already :(

IMG_1424.JPG IMG_1425.JPG IMG_1427.JPG IMG_1430.JPG IMG_1431.JPG

Got some new fun stuff this weekend....
F.A.S.T Fuel Injection set up!

IMG_1416.JPG IMG_1418.JPG IMG_1419.JPG IMG_1420.JPG IMG_1421.JPG IMG_1422.JPG

Nick....that car is one fabulous piece...you should really be proud of it. I am glad that the 8 3/4 rear end went to such a great build. Your Pal, Mike

So the car is out getting painted and with spring coming I'm getting an itch to do something on it. About a year ago I bought a used (Freshened) motor from a guy for a real good price of $4500. I wanted to check on some things before installing in the car and also need to paint the block, So I pulled a head, The oil pan , and a piston/rod for inspection. I found a few things I wasn't expecting. First being Billet Main Caps, Second when I ran the casting numbers on the rods they turned out to be 63/64 426 Max Wedge Rods with 1.094 floating Pins and Wiseco 11.25:1 Pistons. (AKA UH Rods) Casting# 2406886. I've never heard of these before and was told it had Standard LY Rods in it when I bought it, so kinda a surprise. The ends look much bigger than an LY rod but I wonder how much different they are from a Six Pack Rod. Everything else looks pretty good so I'm just going to clean everything up and get it ready for the car when it comes back. I also want to swap over to the removable top Indy Valley plate so I don't need to pull a head again if I want to change out the cam in the car.

IMG_2002.JPG IMG_2013.JPG IMG_2014.JPG IMG_2015.JPG IMG_2016.JPG IMG_2019.JPG IMG_2020.JPG IMG_2021.JPG IMG_2023.JPG

Last edited:
Haven't posted up in awhile, Cars been at the body shop since November. Here's some pics of whats been going on.

IMG_2472.JPG IMG_2473.JPG IMG_2474.JPG IMG_2480.JPG IMG_20170.jpg IMG_2564.JPG IMG_2405.JPG IMG_2404.JPG IMG_2403.JPG IMG_2479.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back