• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 70 barn find

IMG_0613.JPG
The scowl is coming back for reassembly this Friday.

Well anyone following this ever wondered about chemical dipping your car...SHAZAM worth every single cent. My god it is beautiful and my car is not as I thought. No holes in hood. Trunk lid is 99.5% perfect thanks hemirunner. The fender I bought from challengersteve is perfect, thanks. The hole front end good but one little spot. Rear frame rails quarters trunk floor and extensions all getting replaced. Will post more pics tonight.

IMG_1157.JPG

Well anyone following this ever wondered about chemical dipping your car...SHAZAM worth every single cent. My god it is beautiful and my car is not as I thought. No holes in hood. Trunk lid is 99.5% perfect thanks hemirunner. The fender I bought from challengersteve is perfect, thanks. The hole front end good but one little spot. Rear frame rails quarters trunk floor and extensions all getting replaced. Will post more pics tonight.

View attachment 383621
Can't wait for the pics!

Cool! Did you dip the Air Grabber hood I sold you or are you using a different one? I hated to get rid of that trunk lid as the 70's are hard to find in that condition but this new fibergass one I have wont rust! Lol

That's awesome, congrats my man:thumbsup:.
Can't wait to see this one start steam rolling back together.

IMG_1152.JPG
IMG_1153.JPG
IMG_1158.JPG
IMG_1159.JPG
IMG_1160.JPG
IMG_1161.JPG
IMG_1160.JPG
IMG_1162.JPG

Since I'm going with the supercharged 6.1 HEMI I sold the air grabber an bought the reg hood which is rust free. Once he gets started on it an puts it on the frame jig I think he will be rocking an rolling on it.

Well it is on the frame jig. I had the service manual for the 70 satellite and it has all the stock measurements from the factory body plugs. So he has it all plates welded in and measured up. Let the welding begin. I will try to post more pics but work is kicking in again. Gotta pay for this bad boy some how. Lol
IMG_1200.JPG
IMG_1201.JPG

Man that's awesome, can't wait to see it come together!

IMG_1211.JPG
IMG_1210.JPG
Doing a little front end body fit looks like the fenders should be pretty good, but these AMD door hinges look nice but are gonna need some modifications to get all the body lines the best we can get. He said if he has to he will do some cutting an splicing of body panels to get the gaps right. I knew my buddy was real good but he going over the top on this. As with 747, goon, hemirunner. I can't wait til it all comes together too, I'm pumped.
IMG_1209.JPG

IMG_1227.JPG
IMG_1228.JPG
IMG_1229.JPG
IMG_1230.JPG
IMG_1231.JPG
Well we got the fenders doors hood trunk lid back on. He cut the roof skin on an cutting the quarter panels off to start working on the inner metal. Here's some pics

Great looking progress . . . but he's going the wrong way ! ! ! ! ( SMILE ) . . .

I know . . . 2 steps back before you can go 10 steps forward . . . I'll be watching . . . Love it . . .

Auto Transport Service
Back