• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 70 barn find

Great looking progress . . . but he's going the wrong way ! ! ! ! ( SMILE ) . . .

I know . . . 2 steps back before you can go 10 steps forward . . . I'll be watching . . . Love it . . .
Thanks Larry, I hear ya. I just told him I want it straight and green. Lmao

I will double check on the town but it's just outside of Milwaukee, wi called automotive restorations. Real nice people. I'm glad I did it.

IMG_1238.JPG

IMG_1239.JPG

IMG_1239.JPG

Gotta patch up a few problem areas and got one of the rockers separated to put in a rust free original.
IMG_1241.JPG

IMG_1240.JPG

IMG_1258.JPG
IMG_1257.JPG
IMG_1256.JPG
IMG_1254.JPG
IMG_1255.JPG
I got some time off an went down to check on the hot rod. Still got tons of work to do. But I did a little template drawing on the hood. You purest look away now. Gonna cut the hood to have a modern air grabber in the front and have two heat extractors on the sides, we got the front the way we want but still working an contemplating on the heat extractors. Front of hood will similar to this hellcat.

IMG_1293.JPG

IMG_1294.JPG

After cutting the outside rocker panel check out the metal on how clean it is on the inside of the rocker. The chemical dip is freaking awesome it gets everywhere. An then welded on my outside rocker panel just one more step closer.

IMG_1300.JPG
Just got these in, beautiful Eddie Motorsports billet aluminum hood hinges. I like these bad boys.

So that's gonna be "Scowl Induction" on the hood? lol.. Very nice!
Following this thread makes me feel dyslexic., it's like we're back at the start.. Just kidding, the way you're doing it is very smart. I'm going to have hell putting mine together, like "where does this go?" x 1000.. You'll probably be able to reassemble your's in a couple of days, after paint..
As I've said before, 70RRs are special to me since that was my 1st car, and had 2 more after that during the 70s, so I'm watching this with a joyful tear in my eye.. lol
Can't wait to see it back together..

Holy smokes going in on the big surgery, trunk floor, frame rails and quarters off an ready to put in the new. I'm holding my breathe.
IMG_1341.JPG

Dang man, you're getting after it. My body guy is fat, slow and lazy! He's been building engines instead of doing metalwork on the bird!

IMG_1346.JPG
IMG_1347.JPG
IMG_1348.JPG
Getting some fitment done. I must be lucky so far because we put this AMD trunk floor in an it matched up perfect. Outer wheel houses looks like there gonna line up as well. My body guy says in the next couple weeks will be big progress. Let's hope he's right. Lol

Looks great, your going to have a new car when your done.

Auto Transport Service
Back