• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 70 barn find

More clean up welding, an welding , an welding.

IMG_2244.JPG IMG_2243.JPG IMG_2245.JPG IMG_2247.JPG IMG_2249.JPG IMG_2251.JPG IMG_2252.JPG

your doing a great job bringing this 70 back , just reminds me of all the ones i retired out of service , i remember one 70 rr 440 6pck 4spd dana car . well sorry to say it hit the mill and it didn't have any rust out issues . but i was wrecking alot of them out for running gear alone . they were everywhere , for cheap . gas has jumped to 80 cents a gallon , lol . and the car i was driving at the time got 4 mpg , lol . sorry again boys .

Seeing all those pictures of your car going back together has got to be a great incentive to get out of that hospital and go check out the progress . . .
( besides just getting out of the hospital - if that isn't enough ) . . . Anxious to have to back online and on the mend . . .

Glad to hear the surgery went well - keep the positive attitude and you'll come through with flying colors!

The car looks great - it is really taking shape and will be awesome when it is done. You won't regret the extra US Car Tool reinforcement. I installed the full kit on my Road Runner and it just drives absolutely awesome. I truly believe the body strengthening did a lot to help the car handle better without making it harsh.

Keep up the good work!

Hawk

IMG_2255.JPG
IMG_2256.JPG
IMG_2257.JPG
IMG_2258.JPG
IMG_2259.JPG
IMG_2260.JPG
IMG_2261.JPG
He's rocking on the welding, welding all the holes, cleaned up the custom trans hump, full frame all cleaned up and starting to take shape. Can't wait til I get out of here

IMG_2281.JPG
IMG_2282.JPG
IMG_2283.JPG
IMG_2284.JPG
IMG_2285.JPG
IMG_2286.JPG
IMG_2287.JPG
IMG_2288.JPG
IMG_2289.JPG
More welding and welding. Got the front an rear torque boxes in an clean up welds. IMG_2290.JPG

:thumbsup: That's what I'm talking about, looks awesome!
Thanks dev, I know I shouldn't of but I went down to look at it today, my god it's looking good. He wants rest of fab work done in about a month and get it on it's suspension, then get it back up to the chemical dipper. So he can start bodywork.

Thanks dev, I know I shouldn't of but I went down to look at it today, my god it's looking good. He wants rest of fab work done in about a month and get it on it's suspension, then get it back up to the chemical dipper. So he can start bodywork.
That's great that he's setting goals to keep it moving instead of you having to hound him. He's doing a great job for sure.

Great progress! Can't wait to see it after the next dip, does it go in a dip tank with some sort of preservative?

Great progress! Can't wait to see it after the next dip, does it go in a dip tank with some sort of preservative?
It goes in for a day or two to get all flash rusting off then sits in the e-coat tank for a few. Come back all black an guaranteed not to rust

Man wish there was a facility everywhere that could do that affordably, sounds like the ticket.

I will have 4K in the whole process. It would of been close to 3k media blasting with labor I just thought this is a way better route. I'd like to start my own business here for that.

great job bringing this car back , sorry i scrapped one good one years ago , sorry elliot did not agree with it . but the truth is what it is .

IMG_2369.JPG
IMG_2370.JPG
IMG_2371.JPG
IMG_2372.JPG
IMG_2373.JPG
IMG_2374.JPG
IMG_2376.JPG
Let the fabrication begin. You oem guys look away. Well we cut into the hood with a game plan and it looks to be working out so far. Had to cut one of the braces underside to get it the way we want. We had the old quarter panels laying around an my body guy said let's graft those side scoops in for the hood scoop, he's a freaking genius and they look bad *** here are the pics so far let me know what you guys think.

Auto Transport Service
Back