• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 70 barn find

Very cool! This is turning in to quite the build thread!

APPROVED!!! :usflag:

IMG_2492.JPG
IMG_2493.JPG
IMG_2494.JPG
IMG_2484.JPG
Well the door handles an smoothed out. Finish smoothing out hood scoop. Then we have to fininsh up the cowl.we think we kmow how to do it we'll find soon enough. One of my buddy's ran into these guys got me a t shirt an framed pic they said Dave an Kevin were so cool to the fans and kids

All I can say is wow! Can you tell me where I can look up information and details about
what you did for a clutch for the 6060 tremec you installed previously in your car? Thanks!

All I can say is wow! Can you tell me where I can look up information and details about
what you did for a clutch for the 6060 tremec you installed previously in your car? Thanks!
Right now I got a stock twin disc and Throw out bearing. I had to bench bleed it and it took about 20 30 min to get it bled right but once we got it drove an shifted like a dream.

IMG_2512.JPG
IMG_2513.JPG
IMG_2511.JPG
IMG_2510.JPG
My buddy sent me these a few minutes ago went into small cardiac arrest. The 4 link is going in then put the alterktion back in set stance an gaps then back to chemical dipper. Oh baby I'm getting impatient. The scowl is on its way. Lmao

IMG_2520.JPG
IMG_2521.JPG
IMG_2520.JPG
Here is about where the ride height in the back is going to be. Got the RMS 4link welded in. Making progress.

You can go to modern muscle, I bought mine thru them it was a factory take out for cheaper than new.

Badazz Bro!......Those rims are perfect!

I love the checklist on the 1/4 panel!

I am a fan and supporter of DK and Bitchin Rides....Lucky friend!

Thanks moparnation, but I changed my mind on wheels an tires and I'm also a big fan of Dave an bitching rides those guys are good. Just so you guys know wheels an tires an hotxhkiss leaf springs an fox shocks will be for sale. Will be at belvidere IL swap meet. Thanks to all you guys.

IMG_2554.JPG
IMG_2556.JPG
IMG_2555.JPG
Wow he's stepping it up, I think he's getting pumped too. I really like where this is going the stance is looking good.

Looking great Brother. You are absolutely going to love that suspension. I have 10,000 miles on my GTX now and every one of them has been noithing but ear to ear smiling happy!
Are you going to leave the sway bar on the rear end also?? I am curious about that and I don't believe it would make a difference in this one thing I notice, not annoyed by, just notice. I have the NAG1 automatic. It shifts awesomely and will chirp every gear bu overdrive easily. When it shifts on hard acceleration the car will seem to jerk to the left a bit. Never enough to make any control issue. Just wondering if the sway bar might help this.
What wheels have you changed to and are those 17 or18's?

Thanks Darius, I need help with new wheels these will hit when turning hard. I got 18x8.5 with 4.5 back spacing. I'm sticking with a 18 but I got to go to a smaller width and different back spacing. Not sure on the sway bar issue but when mine breaks loose it kicks out to the right but not all the time but it staightens out pretty quick. Don't know how it's gonna do with he whipple probably just boil the hides. Curious on what size is on your beautiful car width and back spacing front an rear. Thanks again darius

My wheels are 17x8 with 4 1/2" back space. The fronts clear by appx1/2" when rotating through a complete turn of the wheel. i initially had a slight rub but I simply adjusted the fender stiffening rod that attaches to the frame and it pushed the fender out enough to eliminate that rub. You could not notice any difference and that area is pretty flexible. Tires are 225/55 zr 17 BFG G Force Sport Comp 2 , quiet and handle great. They are wearing nicely too even with my lead foot;-). I can see where the extra inch in diameter and 1/2" in width would be a problem that I am not so sure back space could overcome with that suspension set up.
i have the same size on all corners as I did not want the hassle of two different size tires and wheels.

Last edited:
IMG_2575.JPG
IMG_2576.JPG
IMG_2577.JPG
IMG_2578.JPG
IMG_2581.JPG
I am so happy with my body guy everything is turning out great so far getting all the gaps right but that hood scoop is incredible, you got to see it in person and the kingdigit door handle work smooth as glass...

Just looking at all the pictures - this is one clean build. The hood scoop is bitchin'!

All the work looks really professional so I am sure you will be thrilled with the results. Keep up the pictures and updates, we are all lovin' it!

Hawk

Those hinges are awesome too. I have them and you can't believe how easy the hood raises, lowers, and stays put in any position. They were a bitch to get adjusted correctly because of all the angles on the hood edge and the inner fender fit and angle. We made several shims out of some billet stock of varying thickness.
With the hood raised to the max opening, I can push at the highest corner and rock the entire car and the hood does not budge side to side. Absolutely worth the money!

Thanks for all the input Darius all the help is much helpful. We were measuring the front and I think 18x7 with 4.75 back spacing should do it with a 225 or 235.

Thanks for all the input Darius all the help is much helpful. We were measuring the front and I think 18x7 with 4.75 back spacing should do it with a 225 or 235.

For what it is worth, I have 245/60R15s on the front of my 70 Road Runner. They are on 15x8 rims with 4.5" backspacing. They fit perfect with no rubs. Obviously, we are talking a different rim diameter here, but the tire is still a 245 tread width. I would think with the right backspacing, you should be able to fit a 245/??R18 wheel on the front (not sure what the sidewall would be, maybe a 30?).

Auto Transport Service
Back