• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My charger restoration dream car

I worked on getting my disc break conversion kit on today (the kit was from The Right Stuff ). I'm getting ready to set her back on all fours.
IMG_0951.JPG

IMG_0953.JPG

Packing new bearings.
IMG_0954.JPG

My break calipers came with some black anti rattle rubber bands but I could not figure how they attach.
IMG_0957.JPG

IMG_0958.JPG

I think that will look great. I would like to see it. BTW Your roof skin replacement is looking great.

Thanks, it's getting there. Did you go base clear or single stage? What brand paint did you go with and what was the paint code if you don't mind me asking? I plan on shooting my own color and going with a single stage urethane for ease and simplicity. Plus I like how it looks.

I used the same kit, just not drilled rotors. Good bang for the buck. I went with manual master cylinder. What did you choose?

Thanks, it's getting there. Did you go base clear or single stage? What brand paint did you go with and what was the paint code if you don't mind me asking? I plan on shooting my own color and going with a single stage urethane for ease and simplicity. Plus I like how it looks.
No problem, I did the base clear coat. The color that I used was 1970-72 Dodge yellow. The code was: AY1FY1 and the brand that we went with was the Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000. I don"t know what the code was for the Sherwin Williams brand but they were able to convert the code that I gave them to get the color that I wanted. I think that you would do great using a single stage urethane, I did not have enough confidence in my painting skills to tackle my car my self.

I used the same kit, just not drilled rotors. Good bang for the buck. I went with manual master cylinder. What did you choose?
I have also been impressed with the kit so far. I went with the power booster kit.
IMG_0960.JPG

No problem, I did the base clear coat. The color that I used was 1970-72 Dodge yellow. The code was: AY1FY1 and the brand that we went with was the Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000. I don"t know what the code was for the Sherwin Williams brand but they were able to convert the code that I gave them to get the color that I wanted. I think that you would do great using a single stage urethane, I did not have enough confidence in my painting skills to tackle my car my self.

Excellent, that gives me a place to start. Thanks. I have a lead on a guy who paints on the side so I am going to get a quote. It is a pain to prep a car and garage for paint but if I can save several thousand for a non show car I don't mind.

I was at a show over the weekend and there was a yellow 68 Charger. Almost a twin to yours there. Looked very nice.

I got another component ready to install. I can't believe how many pieces there are to clean the years of grime off for this car.
IMG_0928.JPG

IMG_0961.JPG

IMG_0962.JPG

I finished restoring a few more under dash parts. both my blower fan motor and windshield wiper motor seemed to work well and smooth when I tested them so I just opened them up and cleaned and repainted them. Things will be slowing down a little because hunting season has started and I will be using much of my free time enjoying the outdoors.
IMG_0964.JPG

I hear ya on hunting season. Bow season opens Oct 1st here! May you have a very enjoyable hunting season!

I hear ya on hunting season. Bow season opens Oct 1st here! May you have a very enjoyable hunting season!
Thank you, you too. Our archery season just ended but I will be going out with my smoke pole last week of Sept.

Black powder or HiPower? Mulie? Those are on my bucket list now that I've been Kodiak to for my bear.

Nice work BTW. Where did you get the chrome lined brake pad?

Black powder or HiPower? Mulie? Those are on my bucket list now that I've been Kodiak to for my bear.
My pedals I ordered through Legendary Auto Interiors.
I like using the traditional black powder and I will be hunting mule deer. My bucket list is, when I make some time, to hunt white tail.
Here is my black powder from an elk hunt a couple years ago.
elk2.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back