• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My charger restoration dream car

Very nice, if you want to hunt whitetails let me know! Do you have to use a traditional muzzleloader or just by choice. I'm looking at the new Remington 700 MZ
IMG_20151104_180115-1.jpg

Here's a couple we shot a couple years ago. Mine on the left 152, Daves on the right 178. That's the biggest bodied deer I've ever shot. He was a moose!

Wow! Those are nice looking white tails. The body size and roman nose on yours is amazing.
We can use inline muzzleloaders. This year they are letting us put scopes on our muzzleloaders so I have been sighting in my inline with a 3x9 scope.
I will take you up on your white tail hunt one of these days.

When I went to CO to elk hunt I had to use pin sights on my crossbow (I have a permit because of a bad shoulder) that was challenge to get used to.

I used the same kit from The Right Stuff - works great. Those rubber bands break after a few hundred miles anyway.

Nice work on all the components. I took apart the brake assy, w/w, etc. too; its a lot of work and time but worth it once it's back together. I'm enjoying your thread.

I used the same kit from The Right Stuff - works great. Those rubber bands break after a few hundred miles anyway.

Nice work on all the components. I took apart the brake assy, w/w, etc. too; its a lot of work and time but worth it once it's back together. I'm enjoying your thread.
Thanks, I thought that with our dry heat that the rubber bands would rot off in a few months before I even got to drive it.
I have been watching your thread that is where I got some of my good ideas. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Christmas arrived today.:hello2: I am a happy boy. I should have contacted Jeff at 521 Restorations months ago. Now I can get moving on the charger again.

View attachment 233308

View attachment 233310

Hello Showard,
My friend is getting ready to paint my fenders and we are wondering if the fender brace is body color or were they just over sprayed. Thanks!

Hello Showard,
My friend is getting ready to paint my fenders and we are wondering if the fender brace is body color or were they just over sprayed. Thanks!
Hi QQBlue1,
I saw you are still waiting for a reply and thought I could answer this as I have a few original fenders laying around. They are in either method, I am guessing depending on Plant built, a couple have heavy undercoating, which could be dealer or aftermarket. I choiced to fully paint mine, when it comes to Mopars you find a lot of different things. Hope this helps. good luck!

Thanks much. That makes perfect sense . . . I should have anticipated that answer!

How's hunting season going? I'll be headed for a tree this weekend.

How's hunting season going? I'll be headed for a tree this weekend.
We have been having a great time. I love being out in the hills with the smells, sounds, beautiful country, and animals.
I got my deer a couple weeks ago and just got back from taking my wife and daughter who had tags. They both were able to fill there tags. I am packing meat tonight. We are refilling our freezers. I now have 3 mule deer and still have a elk hunt later on.
Good luck on your this weekend.

Hello Showard,
Sorry that I had not got back with you, I have not been on this site for a while. I am glad you were able to get an answer while I have been gone.

I hope to be back working on my charger soon now. I just got back from my last elk hunt last night. After packaging this elk my family should be set for meat until next fall. I will first need to catch up on some chores around the house that I have put off for a while.

Hope it was a good hunt. I have one more weekend of deer season here then I'll be back at it myself. Nothing like a little time out in nature to recharge your soul.

Last edited:
I have an orchard of pecan trees that I need to get harvested before they all blow down on the ground and my cows eat them all but it has been raining and so I got to work some on my car.
My wife gave me a radiator for Christmas. It was even the right size with the correct mounting tabs. :thumbsup:
upload_2017-1-5_19-11-25.png

I have also been cleaning, painting and rebuilding many of the under dash and firewall parts.
upload_2017-1-5_19-14-20.png

What is this white stuff? I know that this is nothing for most of you. I was just bragging about our warm weather and it drops 40 degrees last night. Roads turned to ice and school got delayed for 2 hrs.
(My front yard)

Last edited:
Your pieces parts look nice. Doing the small components is a lot of work. Ive been restoring parts in between doing the metal work on the body. Its nice to switch it up but its just as much work as the metal/body work IMO

And just so you know it got down to 3* here last night, so sometimes tinkering with parts in the basement sounds way better then being out in the garage..lol

Your pieces parts look nice. Doing the small components is a lot of work. Ive been restoring parts in between doing the metal work on the body. Its nice to switch it up but its just as much work as the metal/body work IMO

And just so you know it got down to 3* here last night, so sometimes tinkering with parts in the basement sounds way better then being out in the garage..lol
I have a hard time focusing on one thing. I will work on cleaning parts, then do some assembly, then research, etc. It also helps me brake it up.
I have been watching your metal work, you are doing an excellent job and reference your work to help me with my project.

Auto Transport Service
Back