• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My charger restoration dream car

Yep, with the outer two tabs spread open, the longer tabs that go into the roof should barely go into the opening. Insert into hole, then squeeze the outer two tabs together.

She is looking great, love to see the updates!

I got a replacement dash speaker to replace the old rotted out one, and installed it. I had to make my own vibration gasket but everything fit well.
IMG_1749.JPG

IMG_1751.JPG

IMG_1775.JPG

On the Citabria, after inspection, we found that the left wing had a cracked main spar. We will need to disassemble the wing and install and re-attach the ribs to a new spar. There is also some rib damage that will need to be fixed.
PS. The makers of citabria parts are as proud of there parts as the makers of mopar parts are. ($)

IMG_1794.JPG

IMG_1796.JPG

Speaker looks good!
Yes I'd think good wings are a priority on a plane. I've always said smaller planes are safer, they can glide in at a much lower mph than a jet.

I agree, but there is an old saying in aviation "a piper cub will kill you slower than anything".

I just installed a new speaker in my dash also and noticed that you mounted the speaker on the bottom of the bracket rather than on the top and sticking thru. I was worried about clearance with the radio so I cut those unneeded ears off and then it fit thru the top. I also cut a piece of black cloth and glued over it. I'm not sure since I haven't mounted my radio yet, you may want to check that radio fit if you haven't.

20171211_214726.jpg

I agree, but there is an old saying in aviation "a piper cub will kill you slower than anything".

I just installed a new speaker in my dash also and noticed that you mounted the speaker on the bottom of the bracket rather than on the top and sticking thru. I was worried about clearance with the radio so I cut those unneeded ears off and then it fit thru the top. I also cut a piece of black cloth and glued over it. I'm not sure since I haven't mounted my radio yet, you may want to check that radio fit if you haven't.

View attachment 548861
One of my chargers I used the dual speaker. It is tight but fits...

View attachment 548861
Thanks Kid for pointing that out. I think I can see from your picture how it should go. I already have it mounted and everything seems to fit with the radio but it will be no problem to change it and mount it right. I also like your idea of covering it with a thin black material to keep dirt and other objects from falling in and vibrating around in the speaker diaphragm.
I think I have heard that quote about the Cub.

After getting advice and help from many of you on this site, I decided to spend the money and get TTI headers that are made for and fit my engine and car. They look great and seem to fit well and I don't regret it. I will leave them off until I break my engine in. For engine break in I will temporarily use my original exhaust manifolds and some pipe to take that first hot run.
image2 (3).JPG

image1 (2).JPG

You made a wise choice! They fit mine perfect! Did you get 2.5 or 3" exhaust?

It's a little tricky getting the tail pipes in. And tight fit between frame rails & gas tank. My engine was on the border between needing 3 in and staying with 2.5. I think the 2.5 would of been a little quieter. I did have to tweak my H pipe a little but overall I'd give it a A rating.

It's a little tricky getting the tail pipes in. And tight fit between frame rails & gas tank. My engine was on the border between needing 3 in and staying with 2.5. I think the 2.5 would of been a little quieter. I did have to tweak my H pipe a little but overall I'd give it a A rating.
That probably would have been something else for me to look into before I bought them. I will use these ones and I'm sure they will still sound good.
I could still get the 2.5" connectors.

Last edited:
I've been busy with many things and have been slow at working on my car. I have another daughter that is getting married and more honeydew projects to go with it. I still manage to pick a few minuets here and there on some of the parts.
Lately I was able to fit and attatch my electric fans on my radiator.
image1.JPG

image2 (2).JPG

Do you think the mounting sheet for fans could be to restrictive? Looks like it may block to much air flow to me.

Do you think the mounting sheet for fans could be to restrictive? Looks like it may block to much air flow to me.
Agreed.... I think you may want a little more space between the fins and the plate. You may not get adequate air flow in the corners.

That is a good question. I got the radiator from Performance Cooling and this is the fans and shroud that they sent me that was made to fit my car and radiator.
Do you guys think I should modify it?

Hmmm. Looks like the mounting sheet needs to be farther away from the radiator. But I am no engineer lol. I would call and ask if that is all from one vendor.

Are they reversible fans? If it were me I'd make pusher fans out of them and mount them in front if I had room with out a shroud, and use the OEM fan on the engine side. I've forgotten, is your engine fairly stock?

I think that the fans are reversible. I will call the manufacturer and ask about suggestions they have.
Yes, my engine is fairly stock. I do have a modified cam and aluminium heads and intake.

It should run fairly cool then. I would call them and see what they say. I would think running down the road it would block a lot of airflow.

Auto Transport Service
Back