• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MY DADS 67 X 440 4SPD

XMAN JR

Local time
9:41 PM
Reaction score
This is the gtx my dad bought in 67 & sold in 69. He bough it back about 11 years ago. It came from Orangeville PA. We finally got the interior all done. Just put the motor, trany, exhaust in. Got the bumpers (original ) on today. Just a couple of small things to do & then we can start the motor & break in the cam.

parts for sale & dads 67 x 4spd 001.JPG parts for sale & dads 67 x 4spd 002.JPG parts for sale & dads 67 x 4spd 003.JPG parts for sale & dads 67 x 4spd 008.JPG parts for sale & dads 67 x 4spd 007.JPG parts for sale & dads 67 x 4spd 006.JPG parts for sale & dads 67 x 4spd 009.JPG

Very nice! And very lucky to get a car back that was sold that long ago!!!

Great looking car and really neat history, I'm subscribed. Is it going to be all stock original?

Great looking car and really neat history, I'm subscribed. Is it going to be all stock original?
Yea, as much as possible. When he got it the 440 & dana was gone & someone put in a 383 & 8 3/4 rear

OK, I'll say it. Separating the 440 and Dana from a car this fine approaches criminal. What the heck would be a "better" car to put them in?

OK, I'll say it. Separating the 440 and Dana from a car this fine approaches criminal. What the heck would be a "better" car to put them in?
LOL I agree. The guy dad bought it from gave him a 67 440 block. Then we found a dana 60 for it.

I would like to see the smile on your dads face when that thing comes to life again after all these years. Cool car, cool project, cool story. Good luck.

More to the story- My dad traded his 67 GTX in on a 69 barracuda in 1969. Several months later he went back to the dealer ship & the guy he dealt with told him that the GTX was bought by a guy from Orangeville PA. About 11ish years ago my uncle heard form a guy that there was a blue 67 GTX for sale in Orangeville. MMM So my dad & uncle went on a trip. Just so happens my dad has his original owners card. The vin #s matched. Now when my dad bought the GTX new he put in a Hurst comp.shifter. He told the guy what he did in 67 & the guy told him he just took a Hurst comp. shifter out & replaced it with an original one. By the way I met a guy who owned the car in 1972. I have still yet to get more info from him.

I would like to see the smile on your dads face when that thing comes to life again after all these years. Cool car, cool project, cool story. Good luck.
Thanks, just checked out pictures of your superbee. Very nice!

Nice car reminds me of my dad's 67 GTX

Auto Transport Service
Back