• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My June 24/25 Race canceled due to heat

Mike Gaines

Local time
11:25 PM
Reaction score
ANRA (American Nostalgia Racing Association) canceled their race scheduled for this weekend at Famoso (Bakersfield, CA) due to excessive heat. Forecast is to be 112 to 115 Sat Sun. Just too hot to be safe for racers....ok maybe for Sportsman Class where they don't have to wear Race Jackets/pants/etc but to get all geared up in fireproof (or retardant) suits for the faster classes I think they were rightly worried about heat strokes.
They are going to reschedule the the race for a cooler date.
I was all loaded up and ready to leave tomorrow morning...but at least I am now 100% ready for the next race.

wow , around here it's rain all the time, like every other day, flood warnings etc.

Always the next race :thumbsup:

Gotta love our weather eh? Climb to Kaiser bicycle ride today, 155 miles from clovis on the valley floor up to kaiser pass (9300' elev.) it was screaming hot down here even at 6am and hailing/raining with temps in the 50s up there...Some of us got it done before it became too unsafe but quite a few people had to get rides down from the support crew...Bummer I wanted to go down to Famoso tomorrow to see some drags(provided I could get out of bed tomorrow lol)

central valley California...100+ for the next 3 months...some of my ex co workers r from fresno..after living on the central coast even though they were born and grew up there in fresno hate to go back because of the heat...

We've been rained out 3 times already this year. Don't know that I'd sign up for 115, but I've had enough of the wet stuff!

It was even 105*-108* up here too...

That was the one thing I hated about drag racing motorcycles. Standing there in your leathers waiting to get call up. Didn't take me long to figure out black leathers sucked!

That was the one thing I hated about drag racing motorcycles. Standing there in your leathers waiting to get call up. Didn't take me long to figure out black leathers sucked!
Yeah a 3-20 F/C style fire-suit with Nomex undies,
isn't exactly cool either, I wore when racing my altered
& Top Sportsman/Outlaw Pro-Stock cars because the
tranny was inside the car, required a 3 layer & 20 min burn suit
& a Nomex sock sown in the helmet, with fireproof boots too...

Auto Transport Service
Back