• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Not so Stock 69 Runner

wedge69

Local time
12:09 AM
Reaction score
Ok I was asked to start a post on my Project I have been working on .
First let me tell you about me. I am 52 years Yong and use to own a Speed shop in the days before Mail order. I also bult Racecar and street cars . I do 90% of all the work inhouse and still do to this day ! I think its better to make parts work and buld them than go out and by off the shelf. ( if you have the resorses ) I am a certifed Welder ,machinest,and auto and heavy truck tech. Last by trade .
I bult my first runner as a Balls to the wall Pro street car with a 440 six pack 4 speed car.
13.5 to 1 compression and all the go fast parts. it was tubed and coil over with a 9" ford rear. LOVED THAT CAR !!!
But the wife and I wanted to start our own towing company so I sold it to a guy in Switzerland.(BAD MOVE)
A year or two later I went to OHIO and got the rolling project as I was wanting to buld another. Well Wife left and I lost EVERYTHING but this car and my tools. So it has been in storage for 5 years while I gatherd parts here and there and I just started back at it last month. Man I am real glad I did as I am much happyer not seeing it sit under boxes.
I will start with some pics of my first car and then this one as I go it till today. Her Name is Chance.
Please feel free to chime in as I am always open to Ideas and anything else .
Thank you for bearing with me and let kick this baby off !
OH one other thing I am also looking for ALOT of parts so if your pulling down a parts car let me know. MVC-036S.JPGMVC-037S.JPGMVC-042S.JPGMVC-043S.JPGMVC-044S.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

MVC-070S.JPGMVC-074S.JPGMVC-067S.JPGMVC-051S.JPGMVC-022S.JPG

Very nice way to kick it off brother. About time you started this thread!

As Money and time permits ! :icon_jook: Oh yea the beer also ! LOL!!

Started to mock up the rear wheels and check clearence. Have the disc brake system for the rear just waiting on axles to get here. Went with a small lowering block also for ride height.mup2.jpgrrmup1.jpgmup3.jpg

Hey neighbor, and I do mean neighbor. Looking forward to seeing your progress. The black RR looked sweet! I had a black on black '64 Polara I sold years ago. Know how you feel. Takes a few years to get back on your feet after getting kicked in the nads by a divorce too. Been there! Keep up the good work!

looking real good there:icon_super:

Well with the move and loss of job she is on hold AGAIN !!
At least till I sell off some parts for funds. I will post more when I start back on her.
Thanks all for the input !! Have a Great Christmas !!

At least till I sell off some parts for funds. I will post more when I start back on her.

Maybe throw a message up here too and let us know when you have some parts listed. At least paying fair price for any parts you may be willing to get rid of is one way the community here can help you out

Oh MAN ! ! ! That really sucks at Christmas time too ! ! ! So sorry to hear that news Wedge69 . . . hope you bounce back and find work soon ! !

Keeping my fingers crossed for you . . .

hope the ranks of "unemployed" is very short for you . . .

G'luck ! !

Thanks guys !:icon_pai:
I have some things lined up but won't be till the first of the year. Well I could use some down time after the move !
I have a bunch of parts listed on here under the parts post.
Look them over and if you need anything or know someone who dose hit me up.
Not looking for hand outs just want to keep the ball rolling . Wife says we will be fine but then she thinks I am some kind of brain !?!?!
Hope all of my freinds here have a Great holiday and I will be here to chat as much as I can.
Tj

Man Wedge I'm so sorry. Here's wishing you a Merry Christmas and better opportunities in the New Year!

Thanks buddy ! We should be good to go . Just another test on the old soul !
You have a great Christmas and let me know how your doing on you Car !

I'm new here but when I saw your first runner and what your building now I just had to chime in . I "LOVE" that first runner you had !I'm sorry to hear about all the crap you've had to go threw to get to this point but hopefully this one ( Chance ) is just what you need to turn everything around for you . I definitely like what your doing so far and it look's like you do good work . I do the majority of the work to my ride's as well . You must have a color in mind , Is it going to be black on black like your first one ?

Thanks Bigbear ! I am planning on doing this one in a sunfire orange with eather a vinle top or black top. Also I am haveing my Bumpers and Wheels powder coated Gun metal Gray. that with a flat black hood should look pritty sweet !?!
If you need any help with you project just PM me as I am always open to help in anyway I can.
Welcome to the family !! Its a Great plase with Great people !!

Looking forward to more of your posts Wedge .. Hope things are going well for you

That sound's like a nice clean look with that color combo ! That's a total 180 from your original runner which had the downright "mean" look going for it . By the way , I always wanted to build a 69 Runner , black on black with a six pack hood and a built 440 six pack under the hood . When I saw your first one the first thing I said to my self was "there's my dream car!" . Why I didn't keep one of the Runner's that I've owned I don't know . Instead I kept my 69 Charger for almost 30 years . I just sold it a few years back and boy am I kicking myself now .Another thing that I noticed was that you were 52 and use to own a speed shop before the whole online thing . I can relate to that to because I'm 52 and used to wrench at one of the biggest Speed shop's in New England waaaay back when . It was called New England Speed . They also supplied all of the other speed shops up here in the North East . Thanks for the offer of helping me on my current project but it's not a B Body . I've been out of the car thing for a little while now and I just brought our 70 Dart back to life this past summer . We've owned it sense we won it in the late 80's early 90's and it hadn't been on the road sense 2001 . After I got that going I started getting itchy for another big block to spank the local brand X guy's . The day I put the final coat of paint on the car a black 79 440 Warlock fell into my lap . Needless to say , the Dart is now up for sale . Even though it's a truck , something tells me from the way you build your cars that you might kinnda get into what I've got planned for the Warlock . A built 440 up front spinning about 18" wide mickey T's tucked under the rear .
Thanks Bigbear ! I am planning on doing this one in a sunfire orange with eather a vinle top or black top. Also I am haveing my Bumpers and Wheels powder coated Gun metal Gray. that with a flat black hood should look pritty sweet !?!
If you need any help with you project just PM me as I am always open to help in anyway I can.
Welcome to the family !! Its a Great plase with Great people !!

I had a Little Red express. Loved that truck and wish I never sold it !!
If I had it now I would put a 400 strocker with a 4 speed and dana 60 under it. I also would tube it !!
I did a mini tube on a 76 ford F150 last year for a guy. Also bult a 406 FE motor and C6 tranny. Custome made a stall converter to fit the FE crank also. Its a Long bed but one bad *** truck. Its funny as you hear this big thumper rolling on the lot and look for it. But all you see is this farm truck !?!? LOL!!

We had a lil red years ago . It was a 79 . One night I came across a Grand National and lost . About three weeks later me and my wife were installing a 440 in it . I hate loosing ! lol Later I found out that it was a 10 sec. car on the bottle . lol Sounds like some cool look'in trucks ! My plans for the Warlock are to leave the original paint alone for right now and just concentrate on the mechanics . So I'll have a dam quick and dependable ride . It's basically going to look like an old truck that someone threw some mag's on and buffed out a little . That is until they either hear the idle or see the size of the rear tires .

Auto Transport Service
Back