• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mystery wire

wideload714

Local time
3:56 AM
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to put my dash cluster back in my 68 Super Bee, and I can't figure out a wire in my dash harness. My dash came with a clock, but I changed to a repop tach. The wire I need help with is the one on the right side of the photo, a black wire with a flat spade that gets bolted on. Is this a ground for the dash ?
Thanks
dash wiring clip.jpg

Are you sure that spade isn't actually ripped off the other side of whatever it attaches to? It sure has a square shape to it and I haven't seen anything "bolt" on that is that small.

Doesn't the wiper switch have a multi plug and a single or two?

Last edited:
Are you sure that spade isn't actually ripped off the other side of whatever it attaches to? It sure has a square shape to it and I haven't seen anything "bolt" on that is that small.

Grd for clock with broken off connector still in the terminal?

Thanks for the idea, but I think Oldbee was right.

Grd for clock with broken off connector still in the terminal?
Great job ! I thought the black plastic was molded onto the metal, but after looking closer with a good light I found out you were right.
Thanks for your help

Well gdrill was right too, I was thinking back to what the Inst.panel looked like.

And gdrill being in Montana needs all the help we can give with snow coming and all! AND you too now that I look at ur location.

Auto Transport Service
Back