• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help identifying original Mopar rear brake drum 2405798

496coronet

Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
Good day! I'm trying to find a pair of original Mopar rear brake drums for my '67 R/T. Trouble is, I can't identify one if I saw it! Does the drum have a pentastar or other feature to help identify? A photo of this particular drum would be great. THANK YOU, Kevin

Is your car front disc? If so 10" drums rear I believe. 11" if 4 wheel drums and what shoe width?

Thanks for your response, I should have given more information in my original post.
My car has a 4-speed with the Dana 60, power brakes with front drums and 11" x 2-1/2" rear drums. I know the part number of the drums I need is 2405798 and that these drums are smooth (not finned) with the springs all-around. I found a single and a set of two old smooth 11' x 2-1/2" drums for sale, but they could be aftermarket which I prefer to avoid, or maybe they're correct? A picture of the real deal 2405798 would be great to confirm what I should be looking for. Thank you for your help! Kevin

Don't think you'll find a P/N on drums. Here's a picture of my original drum 11" X 2.5" off my 66 Satellite. It's an 8.75" rear but the drum will work on a Dana. You could look it up in parts book.
IMG_2458.JPG

Hi Fran, thank you very much for the photo. I checked the '66 parts book and the correct drum for your Satellite, regardless of rear axle assembly is 2405798, the exact same as called up for my '67 Coronet! Now I have a photo of 2405798 to compare any potential ones for sale.
I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP, THANK YOU AGAIN! Kevin

Auto Transport Service
Back