• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Recommendations For Socket Organization

Ummm I use these....works pretty well too!:thumbsup:

r1.jpg

I always have double of everything. that way there's no problem finding them.
After nearly 50 years of amassing tools, I had triple the stuff and some things there were 5 and 6 examples of the same thing. Who needs 5 ratchets!? Man....

Did someone say tool control? I am a little biased as this is what I do. I've been manufacturing tool kits, gun kits, and packaging for 12 years. Here's your socket organization.

slide6.jpg

No pic handy, But years ago I cut some short pieces of 1x6 aprox as long as my drawer depth,
drill and set of wood paddle bits just don't drill clear through lol. Each piece will hold short and deep well 3/8 drive and 1/2 drive in rows. Cheap and works.

It used a bunch of different types.. I'm using the harbor freight tray combos both sae and metric. They fit in the drawer and so far do good.
View attachment 492846
The Hansen socket holder pegs are tapered making the deep sockets fit too tight. The sockets also covered the printed sizes on the pegs. So, I bought a set of the ones like HF at a local tools store. They are less than $5 each and hold the sockets where I can still see all the sizes clearly and don't take too much room.

My 3/4' and 1" sets are still in the metal boxes that they came in. I keep the bigger sets under my tool box as they take up way too much drawer space. I also have multiples of almost everything after 30 plus years of collecting. You would think that would be enough, but it never stops me from climbing aboard the tool truck with wallet in hand.

I bought the plastic ones from a local tool store. These are like they sell at HF. The sockets slide all the way down and are easy to get on and off. I have them in different drawers by drive size. One drawer is SAE and another is Metric. The 1/2" are in one drawer.

IMG_0015.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG
IMG_0019.JPG
IMG_0020.JPG

I've watched YouTube videos and read user reviews on popular store sites like Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, Harbor Freight, etc.

What are you guys and gals using to hold and organize your sockets?

Thanks FBBO
I've been using this setup for the past 20 years. This works better than anything else I've ever tried. Not sure if you can buy anything like this or not, I machined these holders from plastic.
sockets.jpg

I like those and almost bought them. The price was good and the quality was good. The reason I didn't buy them was some sockets didn't slide all the way down unless you forced them then they would get stuck and really hard to pull off again. Reviews on those also mention this issue. It's a problem with different manufacturers making sockets of varying thicknesses at the drive end.

I like those and almost bought them. The price was good and the quality was good. The reason I didn't buy them was some sockets didn't slide all the way down unless you forced them then they would get stuck and really hard to pull off again. Reviews on those also mention this issue. It's a problem with different manufacturers making sockets of varying thicknesses at the drive end.

yeah, but easily fixed with a razor knife

Auto Transport Service
Back