• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need self-locking rings for seat spacers

• Thread starter Deleted member 27500
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27500

I'm re-doing the front seat brackets on my 68 Coronet. The self-locking rings that retain the plastic spacers (which look like 2-inch hockey pucks) are all rusted. The spacers are a buffer between the seat rail and the carpeting. Does anyone have a set of these rings, or know of an online store that carries them?

upload_2017-8-19_12-39-21.png

Trying to think of whatyou are refering to. Do they hold the spacer to the stud that goes through the floor? If so ACE hardware has something that might work in their bolt bin section. Not 2in in diameter but should get the job done. Kind of like the retainers that GM used on rear brake drums so the drum wouldent fall off and conk a worker in the head..

I believe Vans Auto has them with the spacers.

Looks like a tough find. You may want to just go with regular C-clips. Cheesy, but functional...and who's going to see them?

..or a dab of silicone to hold the spacers to the seat tracks. With the retainers smushed to the carpet, it's not like you're going to see them anyway.

I believe its 5/16 stud on seat tracks, and its typically called a push nut. If you cant find them, RT specialties has them, http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=1010087

Also, if you have an ace hardware, I believe they also have them.

Thanks for the Ace Hardware tip. I picked them up this morning for .20 each. R/T Specialties wanted me to take out a loan in order to ship them to me. $1.60 at Ace... nice! Thanks again.

Excellent, glad that worked out. I love the Ace hardware here, always in there it seems, and I shop there so much they are now a Sponsor for our Mopar show every summer! LOL

While you have the seats out and the spacers off, you can do yourself a favor. I am a big guy, 6'5", I leave the spacers off the back of the seat and only use the ones in the front. It leans the seat back a bit and makes an amazing difference in the space between me and the steering wheel and knees to dash!

Auto Transport Service
Back