• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New B Body Fan from New Zealand

Chargerjase

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:03 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been on the forum for a while now but realized that I haven't formally introduced myself. I have been into Mopars since I was a kid. My dad had an 67 Australian assembled Valiant (Dart equivalent). I remember there was a lot of Aussie Chargers in our area and I loved them. I want to get one of those one of these days to realize that boyhood dream. At the moment I have a 73 Dodge Charger SE 400 which I am also passionate about. It is a South Carolina car and pretty much rust free. The interior is shot and somebody has changed the original exterior color from GK6 bronze metallic to black. I will be blasting it back to bare metal and reinstating the original color scheme. At the moment I am gathering the parts that are missing or broken/damaged. I should be starting the tear down later in the year. I have already brought a few items from members here and all have been great to deal with. I will definitely be needing some help from all of you knowledgeable folk during the restoration process. Here's a couple of pictures of my ride in its current state.

Charger Front.jpgCharger Front 2.jpgCharger Rear LH.jpg1971_Dodge_Charger_Australian_Hemi_RT_6-Pack_Orange_For_Sale_Front_resize.jpg

Aussie Charger

Attachments

• Charger RH.jpg
    Charger RH.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 284
Welcome to the forum! Lotsa good folks and tons of experience here!
And I can't detect any accent in your post either. Native?, transplant?, hiding from the law?.......

LOL, nice one Shorty. I am a native of NZ. I try to speak American when speaking to Americans....you know like 'when in Rome'. The cops don't eat donuts over here so I have to be quick to stay one step ahead of them lol.

LOL, nice one Shorty. I am a native of NZ. I try to speak American when speaking to Americans....you know like 'when in Rome'. The cops don't eat donuts over here so I have to be quick to stay one step ahead of them lol.

LOL keeps ya sharp that way!

welcome, Jase! lots of Kiwi's around these parts, although they mainly post later in the evening (later for us anyways lol)

I kinda dig the black on the Charger, but i would change the colour back to stock also...good luck and start a resto thead if you fancy! :headbang:

Welcome from IL. There's a couple of Mopar FBBO fans over there look up Kiwigtx and his buddy .. great guys

Welcome from IL. There's a couple of Mopar FBBO fans over there look up Kiwigtx and his buddy .. great guys

Thanks for the props Mr Tallhair :headbang: and chargerjase....welcome along to a very cool site. If you are anywhere near Auckland...let me know - we have a big event planned on Feb 16 in Waiuku....more details here soon :hello2: Definitely not to be missed by any avid MoPar fan.

looks like a cool 73 Charger project, welcome to FBBO

Thanks for the props Mr Tallhair :headbang: and chargerjase....welcome along to a very cool site. If you are anywhere near Auckland...let me know - we have a big event planned on Feb 16 in Waiuku....more details here soon :hello2: Definitely not to be missed by any avid MoPar fan.

Thanks guys and yes I will definitely post up the build on this site. I can't wait to roll my sleeves up and get into it.
Thanks for the offer Kiwi, but unfortunately I will be at work. I work away for a month and am at home for a month. I was up your way on the weekend at the Kumeu car show. It was great, saw lots of great Mopars there. I am going to start another thread with the pictures I took. I would definitely like to catch up with you at some stage though, that would be great. I live in Tauranga.

Welcome, nice charger and glad to hear your going to bring it back to its former glory.
Love those AUS chargers too.

hi and welcome to the site , while in nam I had met many New Zealand soldiers and Australian soldiers they were some great guys and yes they had the love for cars and motorcycles and can`t forget babes and beer :headbang:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Don't worry, you will all be along for the ride. I just had a meeting with my body guy so the wheels are in motion.

Welcome to FBBO. Flew into Christchurch eons ago when I was in the USAF. Beautiful country. Good luck with your Charger.

Auto Transport Service
Back