• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New garage is underway

Robliepse

Local time
1:40 AM
Reaction score
IMG_3396.JPG
for the building permit last week and let the games begin. Building a 32' x 28" garage in my back year. Step #1 remove a couple of small oak trees

Yes indeed, lots of firewood and it was interesting to watch the 65 year old Georgia boy drop trees. This is how we get-R-done here in GA. Hired this guys tree service and the 65 year old owner shows up with such a heavy southern accent you almost need subtitles to understand him. Super nice guy. After he climbed a couple of the trees, dropped a few more like the one in the video he told me that he has fallen out of more trees than he can remember over the past 50+ years. He then went on to tell me how he takes 2 morphine pills and 6 or 8 Roxy pills every day and has a morphine patch on his back. That's when I understood the need for the subtitles. You can meet the most interesting people when you take the time to talk to them. Check out the video

Good luck on the new garage, keep us posted. Your tree trimmer probably talks like a guy I know that keeps a bottle of Jagermeister in his back pocket.

View attachment 371102 for the building permit last week and let the games begin. Building a 32' x 28" garage in my back year. Step #1 remove a couple of small oak trees
Noticed you're in Buford Ga. . One of my Army buddies took me back home there with him for the weekend. Back in 1970, we bought shine from a farmer/brewer. He lifted up the floor board and ask, "You want the clear or the dark ?" Really good weekend.

Yes indeed, lots of firewood and it was interesting to watch the 65 year old Georgia boy drop trees. This is how we get-R-done here in GA. Hired this guys tree service and the 65 year old owner shows up with such a heavy southern accent you almost need subtitles to understand him. Super nice guy. After he climbed a couple of the trees, dropped a few more like the one in the video he told me that he has fallen out of more trees than he can remember over the past 50+ years. He then went on to tell me how he takes 2 morphine pills and 6 or 8 Roxy pills every day and has a morphine patch on his back. That's when I understood the need for the subtitles. You can meet the most interesting people when you take the time to talk to them. Check out the video

Love the sinister laugh at the end...

progress, good luck

Making some good progress on the new garage. Should be moving in by the end of February. Now starting to think about cabinets and a nice work bench and they cost as much as the garage. Any insight into good cabinets will be much appreciated

01-24-17.jpg

just realized I haven't posted and pictures of the new garage lately

IMG_4492.jpg IMG_4329.jpg

I get hot down here in Georgia so we are installing a 1-ton HVAC system upstairs and a 2-ton system downstairs. AC is like horsepower, can you ever have too much?

IMG_4605.JPG IMG_4604.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back