• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New garage toy... big toy!

747mopar

Local time
10:15 AM
Reaction score
When I built my own garage I knew I wanted a mill and a lathe (preferably a LeBlond or Monarch) well..... I got a big one... 13ft long to be exact.

20171018_181920.jpg

Driveshaft and rear ends will be a breeze with this bad boy but now where in the hell will it fit?

thats a great piece man . i've been collecting machinery to put the jobs in my hands . still senting them up . space is a juggling match in my shop although . just to much stuff , lol ;)

That looks a lot like the one my brother has and yeah it weighs a few tons. Moved it with a forklift and heavy duty trailer. Nice machine for sure.

That looks a lot like the one my brother has and yeah it weighs a few tons. Moved it with a forklift and heavy duty trailer. Nice machine for sure.
We moved it off of the trailer with a ratchet strap and a spud bar, leverage can move anything...

Gee Wally that is a big one!

Three phase?
Yeap, my dad is putting together a phase converter for the garage right now. I wired all of my 220 outlets with 4 prong plugs, single phase equipment uses 3 and the 3rd prong is the generated 3rd phase.

Hope you poured at least a 6" floor for that to sit on!
4" would be plenty for this but mine is 6". Our other garage has a massive horizontal mill that dwarfs this and it's only 4". The iron worker cracked the floor though but it has a small base for it's size.

that's like way cool!....... I had 2 years machine shop in high school...... I loved it!

See if you can find a VFD it will give you a clean 3ph from the 1ph
and smooth start up

See if you can find a VFD it will give you a clean 3ph from the 1ph
and smooth start up
Already on it. I work in Maint and have installed a ton of them so that will be no problem at all.

Sweet . . . now my lathe looks like a "toy" compared to yours

Sweet . . . now my lathe looks like a "toy" compared to yours
Lol, go big or go home! Sounds good until you need to find a home for it.. Oh wait now I don't need a bed frame for my mattress for when I'm in the dog box:thumbsup:.
Saved some space right there:lol:.
20171018_202404.jpg

Love the really old stuff like that. The new ones we got at work to replace our old ones are junk. I'd take one of those any day Love the Le Blonds

Auto Transport Service
Back