• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy checking in

supplex

Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone, New guy here.

Here's my 72 satellite sebring plus 400. Ground my old man down for 12 years, and finally got it. Car is unmolested, Cali car (rust free 99%) Got her back up to snuff with a new heater core, heater box rebuild, new heater valve, water pump, therm, radiator flush, battery cables, dash harness, etc.

Car had a parking light wiring issue since at least 94 (I have notes and receipts going back into the 80's), thought the new dash harness would fix it. and it did for a few minutes and back to square one, though my turn signals and hazards work better now.
Still fighting a ground fault when the park lights are engaged. Can't figure it out as of yet. I had the lights going just fine for a few minutes and then after a test run, the fuse burned out, and haven't been able to get them back on. Not sure whats up.

satellite.jpg

Great looking car and welcome!

On you light issue, check the bulb sockets for corrosion between the housing and socket. Make sure they are all grounded to chassis. They may look fine but may not have good contact. Grounds are the first place I would look.

Hi supplex, welcome! :welcome:

Great score, getting such a rust free car. Helps to have it in the family all along doesn't it? :) Thanks for the picture, any big block b body is good in my books.

Welcome to the b-body site. Lots of knowledge and parts here. Great Satty! More pics please. :thumbsup:

Welcome from Ohio, maybe a wire shorting under the hood to lights, in trunk,etc.

Welcome to FBBO. Sweet looking ride. Nice to have the family legacy car aye

Welcome from North Carolina. Sweet Satellite!! I agree with threewood, sounds like a ground issue.

Cool Satty

welcome to FBBO from warm & sunny NorCal Sierra's

welcome from Mid-Michigan. Good story on the car, which I could have done that with the GTX my dad had when I was a little kid.

Welcome aboard from SW CT! Buddy of mine had a 71 Sebring with a 318 & wire wheels back in HS.

Auto Transport Service
Back