• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New guy

Wildcard

Local time
2:11 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Marty. I have had a few different Mopars over the years, but I just bought a new project. It is a tube chassis 69 Coronet. My wife found it on the internet, and it was so different than the other chassis projects out there, I had to bring it home. It was in absolutely horrible condition, so will be a complete re do.
My 15 year old son just started the auto body program in high school and this will be a good learning tool for him and some good bonding time.
We are huge drag racing nuts, and have been racing for 21 years, so this will be one of many builds that I have gotten to work on.
We are taking pics as we go along with progress and I look forward to sharing.

Welcome lots of great info here

Welcome Marty. Cool you and your son have the chance to do this together. Lots of goox people here and info. WE do need some car **** though, just saying.

Hi and welcome to the site, sounds like you got a nice father son project going, we`ll be waiting for those photos :happy1:

welcome to FBBO from NorCal, lets see some photos of the tube chassis 69 Coronet project, I'm a old drag racer, I love these kind of projects...

Another vote for the father son projects. Sounds like a cool project. Is this one going to be a track only car?
Wayne

thanks for the welcome guys. Yes the car is going to be track only but I have to admit i hope it turns out well enough to hit some shows with it. My last car ran 5.80 in the eighth so i am shooting for that or better out of it. I had been looking for another 72 charger rallye to make in to a tube chassis as i have had a couple of them but i just couldnt find one i could justify to cut up! So I have just started this i am currently shaving the drip rails removing the vinyl top and stripping the car to bare metal. Over next couple months I am going to redo the cage and chassis as the one it has is crap. So i will start posting pics and please dont be shy i welcome any critique or ideas any one has.

Welcome

Welcome to FBBO, Marty. :hello2: This is a Great site! :eek:s_dancing2: I wish my son`s were more into cars, but computers & such are slowly taking over. :sad7: Let`s see a few pics?? Thanks, We all like pics & stories :buffer:

Just checked out the pics, GREAT!! Keep them coming.

Auto Transport Service
Back