• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New holiday.

I made a pass at achick tonight and she slapped my face.

200w.gif
:lol:

Looks like my old Centerlines! Long gone when the first 440 put a big hole between #1&3 cylinders. Those were the days.

Looks like my old Centerlines! Long gone when the first 440 put a big hole between #1&3 cylinders. Those were the days.
I've shared this story on here before...

My younger brother and I had a 1968 Formula S, red, black interrior, 383 4spd, fastback. It developed a knocking in the engine and we got into an argument about whether it was a rod or a main. I told him it was a rod, you could tell by the rhythm and it's not a down deep sound. To settle the argument we held the peddle to the floor and eventually it went bang! Great big hole in the side of the block with the rod sticking out of it. "I told you so" I replied.

What a couple of dumb *** kids we were. Never realized how rare that car was. Hell there were 383s and 440s all over the place back then, cheap! so what the heck.

Every time I see Bob's avatar I can't help to think about that car.

My younger brother and I had a 1968 Formula S, red, black interrior, 383 4spd, fastback. It developed a knocking in the engine and we got into an argument about whether it was a rod or a main. I told him it was a rod, you could tell by the rhythm and it's not a down deep sound. To settle the argument we held the peddle to the floor and eventually it went bang! Great big hole in the side of the block with the rod sticking out of it. "I told you so" I replied.

What a couple of dumb *** kids we were. Never realized how rare that car was. Hell there were 383s and 440s all over the place back then, cheap! so what the heck.

LOL, great story. Mine happened at 6000+ in 3rd gear & then the oil hit the slicks, whoah!!

Red w/blk interior, same as my Bee. You guys were——-crazy(!) But, I agree, everything was plentiful “back in the day”!

Heres a better picture of my car with a good friend.

Screenshot_20171213-153709.jpg

Never realized how rare that car was. Hell there were 383s and 440s all over the place back then, cheap! so what the heck.
That reminds me of a 1973 340 4 speed Dodge Dart I bought from a junk yard. I wanted the 8 3/4 rear axle out of it to replace the 8 1/4 rear axle in my 79 Aspen R/T. The rear axle assembly was a direct swap.
Once I got the axle assembly out, the rest of the car was destroyed, motor, 4 speed and the rest. I'm pretty sure it could have been restored, but in 79.....it was "junk" :BangHead:

Auto Transport Service
Back