• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member from ky

hotroddave

Local time
3:39 AM
Reaction score
Whats up fellows my name is Dave i have been into mopars for about 30 yrs.I havent owned one for quite some time had to raise my kid and did not have the funds.Now thats done ive bought another mopar and i am building it now.And i gotta say ive never had more fun.Im building a 65 coronet 440 im a old school mopar guy never had the money to buy a bunch of high dollar parts we made power with factory parts and machine work.I learned alot back then and im looking forward to sharing info as well as getting some from the members here.I love these old mopars because of the history of raw power and preformance.And theres nothing like seeing the bow tie & blue oval boys with there heads down after you just dusted there a--.My plans for my coronet are to have a mid 7 sec 1/8 mi car that you can also drive to the store to get a gallon of milk. Thanks and im glad to be here.

Attachments

• 1380233824705.jpg
    1380233824705.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 1380061070737.jpg
    1380061070737.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 170
hi and welcome to the site ,that's a nice looking 65 ,keep us updated on you build thanks for sharing :headbang:

Welcome. Nice Coronet you've got to start with. Keep the pictures coming. I'm a novice compared to most of the people here, but I love classic and muscle cars. Hope to pick up tips and info for my Coronet from guys like you. :hello2:

Hi Dave...great looking car! Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you plan to get that gallon of milk in a hurry! :)

Welcome Dave, nice car and sound like you have a plan.

Thanks for the welcome guys.I got lucky when i found this car ive always said the best street cars are old drag cars and that what i found this car was a drag car in a stock automatic class for over 20 yrs has been street driven some to hasent been licenced since 99 its a alabama car only one small rust spot in the cowl area the floors have a couple of spots but other than that its rust free.And theres not one door ding. 93000 miles still has the factory am radio in the dash.You wouldent know it was ever a drag car unless you look under it the springs are moved in and the frams are tied.Like i said in my first post im a old school guy thats all i know so gonna use a combo that worked for me back then.gonna use a 69 440 turn the pistons on the rods with arp bolts.A set of 906s with .060 milled off,double springs,hard seats and a three angle valve job.Ive always been willing to push stuff to the limit so gonna try to use a 509 purple shaft if i can make it work(gonna depend on valve piston clerance)if not a 484 cam will have to work.a 727 reverse manual valve body tranny and a 8in converter.All msd for spark,a single plane intake and a 800 double pump holley jets squared and no power valve. A 488 gear and that should put me somewhere in the 7 sec 1/8 mi et.I did this same combo on a 68 383 in a 64 savoy and it worked great on pump gas with a can of booster to 10 galions of fuel.

welcome to FBBO hotroddave, nice 65 Coronet Project

Auto Transport Service
Back