• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New motor is finally here!

What weight?
Eh if I had to guess I'd say 3800ish, give or take. Car isn't put back together yet, no back seat, glass hood, 15 gallon cell, 4 link, wheels weigh next to nothing, just a guess I've never had it on a scale before

IMG_2218.JPG

Street car with everything working or did you put it on a diet?

Maybe one of you know what the plugs in front of the heads are for, they came from edelbrock like that. I'm guessing if you want to have an external oiling system?

IMG_2262.JPG

Freeze plugs for water jackets?

What valley pan is that? Looks detached from the intake gaskets?

I really want to ditch the valley pan/intake gasket setup. It's so lame!

Slight diet, no console or back seat left door panels no wipers etc...

Was in the staging lanes on the weekend. A fellow that lost to me earlier was standing in front of my car so I honked and startled him. He was like "WTF is with the horns on that thing for", then I turned on my wipers.. lol. Ouch.

What valley pan is that? Looks detached from the intake gaskets?

I really want to ditch the valley pan/intake gasket setup. It's so lame!
It's an edelbrock valley pan, that style is required with the super victor intake

Was in the staging lanes on the weekend. A fellow that lost to me earlier was standing in front of my car so I honked and startled him. He was like "WTF is with the horns on that thing for", then I turned on my wipers.. lol. Ouch.
Lmao that's awesome

Did a little painting on the valve covers, came put pretty good. Had to go home, wife bitching cuz I'm out wrenching when I'm battling a cold lol.

IMG_2280.JPG

Excellent detail. My bet is closer to 3650lbs.
Doug

Did a little painting on the valve covers, came put pretty good. Had to go home, wife bitching cuz I'm out wrenching when I'm battling a cold lol.

View attachment 514226

View attachment 514226
be careful with those valve covers my buddie bought 440source covers that I believe are taller than the mopar ones and he had problems with the rocker arms hitting the valve covers, on the dyno

be careful with those valve covers my buddie bought 440source covers that I believe are taller than the mopar ones and he had problems with the rocker arms hitting the valve covers, on the dyno
Hmmm interesting, I imagine the builder checked for clearance.

Auto Transport Service
Back