• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New motor is finally here!

Any of you guys have experience with the mahle 4032 pistons? That's what we used for this engine, I haven't heard of these being used as much as say the diamond or Ross pistons.

So I just got off the phone with the builder and apparently he used the 4.5" eagle crank and not the 4.25" like I thought so I have a 535" here not a 505"

Sweet

Thanks Justin, I actually have the frame of a homemade run stand a guy gave me years ago when I bought my old 440 from him, I'd like to get it set up and do it that way.
Always intended to build a run stand but never got around to it. Started many on the floor hooked to a chain fall. With blocking under a stock pan and headers/mufflers for outriggers and just enough tension on the chain to make sure it wasn't going anywhere it would sit and do fine......but just couldn't rev em much because they WILL climb that chain if you try to rev it much! Ask me how I know that! A stock 383 went 90 degrees up the chain and then went 45 the other way before it settled down when I no longer had control of the throttle. That was the first time to fire up a big block on the floor. A 318 or a 289 will sit there all day long and let you do whatever you want with it because they have no torque and figured a big block would do the same. Wrong lol

Was in the staging lanes on the weekend. A fellow that lost to me earlier was standing in front of my car so I honked and startled him. He was like "WTF is with the horns on that thing for", then I turned on my wipers.. lol. Ouch.
When I was racing my 66 Belvedere 'slocar' I got run off from the track right after the burnout box (I drove around it) because the starter saw water dripping from the car. I forgot to turn off the AC! Now this car was pretty much stripped down in the interior and only weighed 2950 and everyone thought it needed a roll cage etc but it only had a /6 in it and everything still worked. It was registered too and was my work car but it ran the number each and every pass!

let me know when you want to sell hopefully at same price of your 70 440 lol just kidding looks great

let me know when you want to sell hopefully at same price of your 70 440 lol just kidding looks great
Thanks buddy, you guys are more than welcome to come on back by the garage once we get it fired it up.

So I just got off the phone with the builder and apparently he used the 4.5" eagle crank and not the 4.25" like I thought so I have a 535" here not a 505"

Sweet

That's got to be a surprize! Wondering are those MW heads you have out of the box or was there some work done to them?

More good news as I was looking over my ticket with all the parts on it I was only charged $610 for the crank when it should've been $900+

Apparently he bought a 4.0"Chevy crank at the same time and the receptionist mixed ours up while making up the bill so I got a $300 discount on that, I actually brought it up to him because I called about the wrong part number on my ticket and he said don't worry about it.

IMG_2309.JPG

That's got to be a surprize! Wondering are those MW heads you have out of the box or was there some work done to them?
Yes a welcomed surprise! Nope they're out of the box, gonna run them are how we like them and revisit port work later

Put on a 5.25" billet crank pulley from 440 source and polished pump and housing today

IMG_2329.JPG

440 Source has some very nice aluminum deck rails for the valley plate and aluminum distributor hold down too. Would be very fitting on that pretty stroker.
Thanks I'll check it out, I have to order a bolt kit for the water pump pulley and shim kit anyway.

Agree !! I thought the same thing but !!!, on the dyno rockers hit the covers, IDK but he had custom covers made@ $400.00
Where was the clearance issue? On the sides, because I peaked in there and that's the only place I can maybe see an issue

ill ask him, maybe spin the Engine as you look inside the cover, also they mite only hit when the engine was running ill find out !!

I've got Indy valve covers on my MW heads. No contact issues. Although I have Hughes rockers 1.6's.

Auto Transport Service
Back