• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New motor is finally here!

I should do something with that thing. Been planning on throwing it on the dyno for some numbers but that hasn't happened yet. I keep thinking that the perfect Mopar deal - "less engine" is gonna come along.
Hey Malex, how about a '64 Fury, I just happen to have one :)

so just don't use any old flywheel
you are in the lift range where you need to dbl check your rocker geometry
you flat tappet guys can also run amc lifters and oil the adjusters through the pushrods- works good

Sat at the window all day waiting for UPS to get here, worth the wait.

Opinions on the header gaskets TTI sends wth them? I have a set of Percy’s aluminum gaskets sitting in the garage I can use also

7EE8E6C0-5375-4D54-AD80-F97C4B117B02.jpeg

Last edited:
Sat at the window all day waiting for UPS to get here, worth the wait.

Opinions on the header gaskets TTI sends wth them? I have a set of Percy’s aluminum gaskets sitting in the garage I can use also

View attachment 522984

I used the TTI gaskets that came with the headers. I used them all racing season, had the headers off and they were perfect. I reused them and all is A-OK.

Call Summit and order REMFLEX header gaskets...best in the world...NEVER NEVER NEVER any leak issues. My 66 coronet weighs 3445, no gas, no driver. Fiberglass hood, frt fenders, both bumpers. No back seat but full.dash, fully carpeted, 6 pt roll.bar, street legal

I used the TTI gaskets that came with the headers. I used them all racing season, had the headers off and they were perfect. I reused them and all is A-OK.
Call Summit and order REMFLEX header gaskets...best in the world...NEVER NEVER NEVER any leak issues. My 66 coronet weighs 3445, no gas, no driver. Fiberglass hood, frt fenders, both bumpers. No back seat but full.dash, fully carpeted, 6 pt roll.bar, street legal
Thanks guys

Now let me ask how did you install headers, have them laying in the bay when you installed the motor?

00B63388-A98B-47AD-97E1-73ED583EB36C.jpeg

I don't know about the Fitech but if it had a 4500.Dom it would make 750hp + or - .

I don't know about the Fitech but if it had a 4500.Dom it would make 750hp + or - .
Basically echoed my builder, he said some engines like the fitechs more than others, he’s seen some pick up 20+hp using the fitech and some drop off a few.

Had dead soft aluminum collector leaked. Switch to Remflex no leaks. They are somewhat fragile. Wonder whether Mike G. would say about that. If you have a couple of exhaust studs to hang them on that would make install easy.

Both my headers went up smoothly from underneath. Steering draglink needed to be dropped though.

That looks to be about a 4" scoop. Should be fine,
Fingers crossed, I got lucky with this glass hood it was near perfect when I got it. I figured if it doesn’t fit I’ll be asking for a hemi scoop for Xmas lol

Auto Transport Service
Back