• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New organisol hood treatment

moparcanuck

Deceased, But not forgotton
Local time
10:55 AM
Reaction score
When I bought my 69 GTX, the hood stripes were gloss black. I didn't have a source for organisol so had them painted textured flat black. A friend of mine's hood stripes were organisol and there was no comparison. Organisol just has a totally unique look.

So I bit the bullet. I bought a pint and had someone who knew how to paint it do the job. What a difference!!!! That treatment looks great sporting my new customized 440-6 call outs.

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg IMG_2142.jpg IMG_2144.jpg IMG_2146.jpg

Concur with djais Bernie it's looks sweet! The A/G screens look great too

Where did you find the Organisol? I thought someone told me it isn't produced anymore, but I very well could have misunderstood.

It's available but not cheap. I paid $100 for a pint. You just have to have a source. Mine is a friend of a friend. :grin:

Looks nice, dose it have the felt in it?

It's available but not cheap. I paid $100 for a pint. You just have to have a source. Mine is a friend of a friend. :grin:

I need a friend of a friend to get me enough to do my Charger tailpanel lol.

I will be looking into this....

Looks good!

When I bought my 69 GTX, the hood stripes were gloss black. I didn't have a source for organisol so had them painted textured flat black. A friend of mine's hood stripes were organisol and there was no comparison. Organisol just has a totally unique look.

So I bit the bullet. I bought a pint and had someone who knew how to paint it do the job. What a difference!!!! That treatment looks great sporting my new customized 440-6 call outs.
My original 69 RR had white viynil top on orange paint an textured hood stripes, an dI heard that Mopar paint stripe first than body color, I bougth Sherwin william Suede additive in 74 an painted a spare hood , Got the great textured suede finish, in 88 I bougth PPG additive adn it mixed wi\ell with other colors an wears like iron,

Nothin like it.. mine are still original

8BDC5266-2B58-4D9B-9A5F-BF69F165B429.jpeg

Looks very, very nice. I’d love to paint my a12 hood with that stuff. I wonder if it’s appropriate for glass six pack hoods?

I did mine in 74 and I like it, Remember its your ride do whatyou enjoy

I did mine in 74 and I like it, Remember its your ride do whatyou enjoy
The local paint shop by my house mixed up organisol for me when I needed some for one of my lift off hood cars. It came out great.

Coronet pics #2 006 [640x480-2].jpg

Rustoleum textured black does a fine...and much less expensive alternative to Organisol. It has been used on some high dollar A12 restorations with excellent results. It comes in quarts and sprays well. Secret to using it is to lay a black base first then spray the texture.

Auto Transport Service
Back