• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Owner of 67 R/T Needing Parts

Very nice! Why are they scary? Serviced and adjusted 3" drums aren't bad, just need a little extra leg if they're not power. Car should lock up all 4 when you need it.

I have 14" BFGs on a Camaro that has it stock rally's. No cheap tires. Try Cooper Cobras. If they don't make them, then it's expensive.

[QUOTE="69L48Z27, post: 910743613, Serviced and adjusted 3" drums aren't bad, just need a little extra leg if they're not power. Car should lock up all 4 when you need it. [/QUOTE]

I agree, my car has non-power drums and they work fine. Check the adjustment, they probably don't have self adjusters so you have to jack it up and set them manually. Part of the reason drums are scary is that all newer cars you drive today have four wheel discs, you do need to adjust your thinking and your intervals when driving a drum car.

Wow
Rare car!
Very good purchase!
Welcome aboard!
Thank you! It's great to have access to this community of Mopar enthusiasts and their wealth of knowledge. I was a little hesitant to spend the money but after stepping on the gas and leaving stripes, I'm sold!

[QUOTE="69L48Z27, post: 910743613, Serviced and adjusted 3" drums aren't bad, just need a little extra leg if they're not power. Car should lock up all 4 when you need it.

I agree, my car has non-power drums and they work fine. Check the adjustment, they probably don't have self adjusters so you have to jack it up and set them manually. Part of the reason drums are scary is that all newer cars you drive today have four wheel discs, you do need to adjust your thinking and your intervals when driving a drum car.[/QUOTE]
You're right, I've owned and driven (5) 1961 Chrysler New Yorkers and Newports and the brakes have literally been their downfall because I was younger and inexperienced. I wrecked 2 and gave up on the rest. It's a shame because I had one of 676 9 passenger New Yorker wagons... No idea where it ended up.

Welcome aboard! Very nice car (but I'm a little biased).

IMG_0248.JPG IMG_0249.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back