• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New PB's today

Mike Gaines

Local time
12:15 PM
Reaction score
Sat, June 3rd....Although adjusted altitude was between 3500" and 3800' and temp was between 99 & 105 I still posted a BEST ET to date of 10.362 and BEST MPH to date of 129.01. I will take pixs of time slips when I get home Monday.... I got a couple things to try tomorrow (Sunday) to try my darndest to HIT 130 MPH....these times are the result of my standard port INDY heads that flowed 290 and my Edelbrock 440 single plane intake with a 4150 to 4500 adapter being replaced by my heads being brought out to MAX WEDGE SIZE AND PORTED TO flow about 330cfm..plus new INDY Max wedge Dominator upon which I mounted my current 1050 Dominator

Last edited:
Mike that's a huge difference. Let's see how tomorrow plays out.

Nice Mike.
Pretty sure you'll be posting some new bests with any "decent" air.

Mike DVW is right w/good air you will be flying. My 512 is .16 - .20 slower at a DA similar to yours vs one at 1000-1200'.

On another note I was able to whittle down my times quite a bit just w/ a couple days of test and tune playing w/the jets and airbleeds.

Congrats Mike :thumbsup:

:thankyou: for sharing too

Nice job Mike! Felt a bit cooler yesterday at Famoso. Too bad we didn't have March Meet weather numbers this weekend. Digg your new pit bike. Hope you made it home OK...

Picked up .277 ET (almost 3/10ths) and 4.1 MPH with the new MAX WEDGE HEADS (Ported to 330cfm from the std port heads which flowed 290cfm)
It is an apples to apples comparison to runs one year ago with same adjusted altitude and same tune-up and set-up ... only difference were the my newly modified heads and replacing my Edelbrock 440 single plane with 4150 to 4500 adapter with an INDY DOMINATOR flanged max wedge intake.

slips 2.jpg
Time Slips

Last edited:
Nice, getting better, more in her still too :thumbsup:

Although I tried my darndest the old Coronet WOULD NOT GO 130MPH. It just wasn't in her. Best MPH was 129.32 and that was at 6900RPM thru the lights with my 4.30 gear and 28" tall tires. Every single run was OVER the 129MPH mark but it just didn't have it in her to go 130MPH.
I guess it just ran out of beans....lol...but still happy with it.

Last edited:
Very cool Mike . . . progress in the "right" direction too ! ! ! Gotta love that ! ! !

corrected #'s from Wallace to sea level .

Your Run: ET - 10.362 MPH - 129.01
Corrected MSA: ET - 10.06 MPH - 132.97

Awesome results!!!!

Corrected is not reality. You run what you run and that was impressive Mike. I hope to get out this Wednesday evening.

Auto Transport Service
Back