• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New PB's today

Congratulations on consistently getting faster! Very impressive and inspiring too.

**** off & corrected dyno #'s mean nothing LMAO
Depends on what you are looking for. A low ET slip or a dyno sheet. ET slips don't come with a correction. I've corrected to numbers that indicated a run better than I've ever run in the same (good) conditions. I've also gone quicker in poor conditions than calculated. The bottom line is your best is your best until you go quicker. For me, I'm still chashing a 8.99.
Doug

Although I tried my darndest the old Coronet WOULD NOT GO 130MPH. It just wasn't in her. Best MPH was 129.32 and that was at 6900RPM thru the lights with my 4.30 gear and 28" tall tires. Every single run was OVER the 129MPH mark but it just didn't have it in her to go 130MPH.
I guess it just ran out of beans....lol...but still happy with it.

Great to see this Mike.
I know its a PITA to change gears in a Dana (was gonna suggest 3.91).
Can you fit a taller tire on the car? 66-67 B's are limited (ask me how I know)
I'm thinking that would get you to 130...

Great to see this Mike.
I know its a PITA to change gears in a Dana (was gonna suggest 3.91).
Can you fit a taller tire on the car? 66-67 B's are limited (ask me how I know)
I'm thinking that would get you to 130...
My 28" tall tires have a 88" rollout. I can easily fit 29" tires with a 92" rollout (diameter) ... I currently have a 4.30 gear...I believe this diameter change would reduce my effective gear ratio by 5% which would make my 4.30 act like a 4.10...Your thoughts on this ???

I skipped over the 4.10 and went right to the 3.91.
I also had the 88 inch roll out. My finish line rpm dropped from 6900 to 6600 when switching to the 3.91.
With that said my car picked up 1 to almost 1.25 mph
Calculators may have different results but real world told the tale.
Also remember that I've larger cubes than your car which could make a difference.

Mike, I think I told you that I moved my axle back 3/4" so I could fit the 11.5x29.5W tires that are 30.5 in diameter. I ran 4.88 gears and the 11.5W tires in my '65 Coronet at 7000 RPM & 127 MPH. Hope my 4.10's with a 28" tire will work out. Hope to see this weekend.

My 28" tall tires have a 88" rollout. I can easily fit 29" tires with a 92" rollout (diameter) ... I currently have a 4.30 gear...I believe this diameter change would reduce my effective gear ratio by 5% which would make my 4.30 act like a 4.10...Your thoughts on this ???
Mike I cant remember what stall your convertor was but when I was running my Cuda I also ran 4.30 gears. I was crossing the stripe at 6300-6400 ran high 10.teens low 10.20's and 130. My convertor stalled 5500. I think if you put taller tires on you will like the results.

Mike I cant remember what stall your convertor was but when I was running my Cuda I also ran 4.30 gears. I was crossing the stripe at 6300-6400 ran high 10.teens low 10.20's and 130. My convertor stalled 5500. I think if you put taller tires on you will like the results.
My converter is 5500

Mike I ran 29.5- 11.5W Phoenix tires. I should of
noted that previously.
Mine ended up being 30.5 diam. This tire ran from 30-31" tall. They are pretty wide. I believe 13.5 contact. If your convertor is efficient and you can get the height to fit (I' m sure there other tires available that arent as wide) your rpm's will be in an are you may be happier with.

Good luck. Its always nice seeing 66-67 b bodies doing well.

Mike I ran 29.5- 11.5W Phoenix tires. I should of
noted that previously.
Mine ended up being 30.5 diam. This tire ran from 30-31" tall. They are pretty wide. I believe 13.5 contact. If your convertor is efficient and you can get the height to fit (I' m sure there other tires available that arent as wide) your rpm's will be in an are you may be happier with.

Good luck. Its always nice seeing 66-67 b bodies doing well.
I also run Phoenix tires. I personally think there the best tire for our application.

I also run Phoenix tires. I personally think there the best tire for our application.
Mike ,
You could also consider a radial . I run the pro bracket radial. I use a 28x10.5 with 4.10 gear . There is also a 29.5 (30"tall) x10.5 . A mate runs this size on his chev . These flat work even on average prep

Tex

Mike, over the years I know guys that claim the radials run better MPH. Don't have personal experience other than my street BFG drag radials ran the same number as Hoosier slicks. I'm still a Phoenix (Firestone) guy. in the bracket racing days I tried a few of the "hot" Goodyear tires, never found them at all better, maybe a bit heavier. If you can fit the Phoenix 11.5x29.5W tire (30.5"), they're worth a try.

Mike, I've now made a half dozen passes with my Plymouth. My times are all over the place as I'm trying different things, not to mention only a half dozen passes under my belt. I'm running 4.10's with a 29.5" tire (ET Street 315R60) and I'm crossing the line at about 6300-6350 RPM if that helps.
Here's the time slip to compare.
IMG_1247.JPG

Today I ordered a set of 29.5 X 11.5 slicks. With the ET Streets, as I turned up the launch RPMs the 60's would drop. I went with the same tire size as what I had and hoping that as I figure the car out and get some experience the car will gain a couple hundred more RPM at the end.
Good luck Mike!

Mike, I've now made a half dozen passes with my Plymouth. My times are all over the place as I'm trying different things, not to mention only a half dozen passes under my belt. I'm running 4.10's with a 29.5" tire (ET Street 315R60) and I'm crossing the line at about 6300-6350 RPM if that helps.
View attachment 433954
Today I ordered a set of 29.5 X 11.5 slicks. With the ET Streets, as I turned up the launch RPMs the 60's would drop. I went with the same tire size as what I had and hoping that as I figure the car out and get some experience the car will gain a couple hundred more RPM at the end.
Good luck Mike!

I only have experience with my 4.30 gear and 28" tall tires. I now trap at about 6950rpm which is around 129.3mph. Before I enlarged my std port INDY HEADS (which flowed 290cfm) to ported MAX WEDGE SIZE (which now flow about 330cfm) I used to trap at closer to 6700rpm at 126.5 mph. 10.36 is my ET @ 129.3 and 10.48 was my ET @ 126.5. Hope this info means something.....Mike

View attachment 433954
Good luck Mike!
Malex by going rag slick you are more likely to lose rpm as the tyre grows - if your old tyrs are rafial (315r60)
I am at 6600 @126 and change with 28"radial slick and 4.1 . I will go 29.5 (30") radial if needs be

Tex

Mike ,
You could also consider a radial . I run the pro bracket radial. I use a 28x10.5 with 4.10 gear . There is also a 29.5 (30"tall) x10.5 . A mate runs this size on his chev . These flat work even on average prep

Tex
Tex ... please give us Brand Name and complete info on your radial slicks... thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back